Recommend a NVR POE package around £200ish

Smir

n3wb
Reaction score
£300 limit

So was going to buy an Annke POE 4CH set... but after searching the forums Annke is one to avoid?...

Now I do have "Server" I could use.... I have Dell T20 unused in its box, no idea how to set it up..

can anyone recommend anywhere? preferable on Amazon, I'd buy from anywhere though...

Thanks

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So was going to buy an Annke POE 4CH set... but after searching the forums Annke is one to avoid?...

Now I do have "Server" I could use.... I have Dell T20 unused in its box, no idea how to set it up..

can anyone recommend anywhere? preferable on Amazon, I'd buy from anywhere though...

Thanks
Welcome Smir,

Annke in general is to be avoided as a brand, there is perhaps one exception and that is a "cube" camera from Annke which is actually a Hikvision model which they rebranded. After you update the software you've got a nice indoor camera. You can see the discussion about that camera here: ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

Also, the Annke POE kit you were looking at probably was not actually POE - but something incompatible which Annke in their smaller print will call "sPOE" - meaning NOT POE, just uses ethernet cable but does not meet any real standards. Thus, why it was so cheap.. good thing you saved yourself from buying it.

Many people here are putting together custom setups and purchasing from vendors in China either Dahua OEM or Hikvision OEM models. Do take sometime to read more here.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Smir

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey mat, I was looking at 2, one which is Sannce, and other Annke, which from what I've read is the same company... I'll add a link here, if this isn't allowed then I'll remove no problem, Ideally I wan't motion detection recording as an option, I read somewhere on the forums that it needs to be the same brand Cam/DVR to do this?

Sannce; SANNCE 4CH HD 1080P NVR POE IP Security Camera Kit System Home Network Outdoor | eBay
Annke: ANNKE 4CH 1080P HDMI NVR PoE IP Network IR Home Surveillance CCTV Cameras System | eBay

Only notice these because I was actually looking on Amazon, and they were £200 odd, but they have a "Halloween" offer for £150 on eBay,

I have looked at the Cube clone thing, but currently, my aim is to get something watching over our cars/front door.

So if Dahua is good would this be ideal?
Dahua NVR4104-P-4KS2 4CH NVR Smart 1U 4PoE 4K&H.265 Lite Network Video Recorder | eBay

or even this? (although its £270.56 with 2 Cameras...
Dahua CCTV KIT 8CH NVR 2108HS-8P-S2 + 2TB HDD + IPC-HDW4431C-A 4MP IP POE Camera | eBay

I don't mind buying from Aliexpress or anything, they have a deal going on on 11/11..

Are these fake Hikvision? from what I've searched so far Hikvision seems expensive...
Hikvision 4 Channel Ultra HD 4K UHD Network NVR 8MP 4 PoE 4CH CCTV Recorder NEW | eBay

Hikvision 4/8 Channel DS-7100NI 1080P IP PoE NVR CCTV Video Recorder Plug & Play | eBay

UK STOCK Hikvision DS-7108N-SN/P 8ch NVR HD 1080P POE Video Recorder For IP Cam | eBay

Obviously being able to play via a mobile/mobile browser would be nice for when I'm out and about.

Really appreciate your feedback

p.s I've read things about Onvif, but is it something included into the products or something third party supported?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mat, I was looking at 2, one which is Sannce, and other Annke, which from what I've read is the same company... I'll add a link here, if this isn't allowed then I'll remove no problem, Ideally I wan't motion detection recording as an option, I read somewhere on the forums that it needs to be the same brand Cam/DVR to do this?

Sannce; SANNCE 4CH HD 1080P NVR POE IP Security Camera Kit System Home Network Outdoor | eBay
Annke: ANNKE 4CH 1080P HDMI NVR PoE IP Network IR Home Surveillance CCTV Cameras System | eBay

Only notice these because I was actually looking on Amazon, and they were £200 odd, but they have a "Halloween" offer for £150 on eBay,

I have looked at the Cube clone thing, but currently, my aim is to get something watching over our cars/front door.

So if Dahua is good would this be ideal?
Dahua NVR4104-P-4KS2 4CH NVR Smart 1U 4PoE 4K&H.265 Lite Network Video Recorder | eBay

or even this? (although its £270.56 with 2 Cameras...
Dahua CCTV KIT 8CH NVR 2108HS-8P-S2 + 2TB HDD + IPC-HDW4431C-A 4MP IP POE Camera | eBay

I don't mind buying from Aliexpress or anything, they have a deal going on on 11/11..

Are these fake Hikvision? from what I've searched so far Hikvision seems expensive...
Hikvision 4 Channel Ultra HD 4K UHD Network NVR 8MP 4 PoE 4CH CCTV Recorder NEW | eBay

Hikvision 4/8 Channel DS-7100NI 1080P IP PoE NVR CCTV Video Recorder Plug & Play | eBay

UK STOCK Hikvision DS-7108N-SN/P 8ch NVR HD 1080P POE Video Recorder For IP Cam | eBay

Obviously being able to play via a mobile/mobile browser would be nice for when I'm out and about.

Really appreciate your feedback

p.s I've read things about Onvif, but is it something included into the products or something third party supported?
Hi Smir,

Do not trust Annke / Sannce - they often claim their products are POE but are not. Avoid them, they are bottom of the barrel in terms of quality and honesty.

Please do take some time to read through the links I have provided. If you were in the USA I could point you to a few options you can try, however as you are in the UK your best bet will be going through Chinese vendors for either Dahua OEM or Hikvision OEM products. I do not know the Hikvision products well, others here do - so you will have to look at their posts on those products.

I had a critical low light / night time issue so I purchased Dahua Starlight cameras and pro model NVR 5215-16-4KS2 - and thus I have less experience with more affordable products, so you will want to see what others are saying here.

Whatever you choose, again I strongly recommend avoiding Annke / Sannce systems in general. ( only exception was the before mentioned hikvision cube )

Smir

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Smir,

Do not trust Annke / Sannce - they often claim their products are POE but are not. Avoid them, they are bottom of the barrel in terms of quality and honesty.

Please do take some time to read through the links I have provided. If you were in the USA I could point you to a few options you can try, however as you are in the UK your best bet will be going through Chinese vendors for either Dahua OEM or Hikvision OEM products. I do not know the Hikvision products well, others here do - so you will have to look at their posts on those products.

I had a critical low light / night time issue so I purchased Dahua Starlight cameras and pro model NVR 5215-16-4KS2 - and thus I have less experience with more affordable products, so you will want to see what others are saying here.

Whatever you choose, again I strongly recommend avoiding Annke / Sannce systems in general. ( only exception was the before mentioned hikvision cube )
I did read through :) its why I posted the other links for Hikvision, unsure if they are good deals or even fake?

I could buy this ; Hikvision 4 Channel Ultra HD 4K UHD Network NVR 8MP 4 PoE 4CH CCTV Recorder NEW | eBay

But need to find a camera that would be suitable that doesn't cost the earth ;)

Can't find anything on "rebrands" if there's such a thing like Holis ? o.0

hate having so much choice >.<

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did read through :) its why I posted the other links for Hikvision, unsure if they are good deals or even fake?

I could buy this ; Hikvision 4 Channel Ultra HD 4K UHD Network NVR 8MP 4 PoE 4CH CCTV Recorder NEW | eBay

But need to find a camera that would be suitable that doesn't cost the earth ;)

Can't find anything on "rebrands" if there's such a thing like Holis ? o.0

hate having so much choice >.<
Hi Smir,

If you had a larger budget I could recommend options I know are good.

You maybe able to find others who have spent less than I here who can recommend more affordable products.

Smir

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd be willing to pay £300, my budget was only £200 because I just wanted something that would work, I guess if you have to spend more if you want something that works well :p

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd be willing to pay £300, my budget was only £200 because I just wanted something that would work, I guess if you have to spend more if you want something that works well :p
if you want something that work, but suck in quality. I rather save the 200 bucks in pocket.