Recommendation for outdoor camera w/nightvision and audio for small back yard

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to Dahua cameras but see a lot of positive posts on them. I run Blueiris with a mix of Hikvision, Panasonic, and Foscam, indoor and outdoor cameras. I would like to try a Dahua outdoor camera mounted on the back of my house looking to the south, under the eave. My yard is a typical urban backyard about 40' wide by 60' deep (from the back of the house to the fence). The attached snapshot came from an indoor Hikvision cube camera that is pointed out a window on the back of the house which has the view I'm looking for. I can't use this cam's IR indoors because of the reflections. I plan to move this IR camera and use it strictly for indoor viewing and replace its view with the outdoor Dahua.

I have seen a multitude of posts regarding Hikvision bullet vs. dome and wonder if the same passionate "discussions" exist for Dahua, or if you guys can give a simple recommendation to meet my needs. I'm looking for good night vision, built-in audio, and POE. A recommendation for a reputable vendor to buy from would be appreciated, too. Thanks.
BackDeckCam.20160528_104354.jpg

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Kawboy. I have been looking at one these and there is different model numbers but look to have all the same features.. Here is a B-AS series.. Do you know what the difference is?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wholesale-Original-Dahua-4MP-bullet-Camera-IPC-HFW4421B-AS-HD-IP-CCTV-Network-Audio-monitoring-Web/32627859983.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.52.br5tA0&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_2_10017_507_401,searchweb201603_1&btsid=b728ccc9-0c9d-4c2e-8b25-e03f672736d3

Can you explain the 1/1 audio in/out option...
Thanks

Eustace..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Audio in is for a microphone. Audio out is for a speaker. That 4421B has one IR LED and is rated at 50m. That 4421D has two and is rated at 80m. If you're expecting a built-in mic or want an external one included ask the seller first before buying. The turrets come with a built-in mic.

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you sir.. Going to try one of these out. Need the audio to communicate with people coming up to the front door... I will do a search and figure out what I need to get that accomplished..

My computer is dragging from the cameras recording so I am also looking at upgrading to a new unit with the I7 chip. Can a guy use a recorder and Blue Iris or stick with just a new computer? Sorry for the dumb questions. IT stuff is not my strong point. I am very thankful to all the folks on this forum for having patience with people like me. Its a thrill every time I get a new camera working and its monitoring whats going on outside!

Having fun with this hobby

Eustace..

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
If you get a new computer then Blue Iris will run on that. If you were going to do a full audio in and out then you might want to buy that camera from a supplier in the States like Nelly's or Wrightwood and tell them what you plan on doing first. That way you will get knowledgeable help and save yourself some possible frustration. Getting help with audio on here is less common and might be touch and go.