Recommendation - Good iPhone APP for the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-I

kenjidm

n3wb
Reaction score
I am a newbie, and have been looking around the forum for good information and have received some as well from members. Thanks! That's how I took my first step in ordering the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-I from LTS. It's the first step in probably several more..

I was wondering, what is a good iPhone app that I can view this camera live on? I have seen someone say IPCam View I believe, but couldn't find the post about it. If there are any others, please let me know. They don't have to be FREE apps either.

Does Blue Iris have an app to view the cam on?

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful help. Excited to get my camera today in the mail and hook it up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a free hikvision/lts app you can download... ipcamviewer(which is a great app) will not let you view recorded video off the sd card...
Blue iris does have a mobile app, however you have to be running the blue iris pc software as a server to make use of the mobile app.

kenjidm

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman - thanks for the response. I did realize I sort of asked this question in my first post when I joined so I apologize. Your response though is helpful and will try both the free hikvision app and the ipcamview (even though you can't view recorded video off sd). BTW also thanks for the recommendation of LTS, which is where I ordered my camera from.

kenjidm

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this camera a POE? I plugged it into my Ethernet and no power. Or am I just dumb and not doing something corrextly

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this camera a POE? I plugged it into my Ethernet and no power. Or am I just dumb and not doing something corrextly
The camera is POE capable (802.3af), but you will need a POE switch or injector..you cannot just plug it into any old router or switch and expect it to work (unless you supply independent power to the 12v connection)...
If you are going to use a single poe camera than an injector like this is great.
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PoE...s=poe+injector
If you will be using more than one, it is more economical to use a poe switch
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1...rds=poe+switch

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using the IVMS-4500 Lite app and am very happy with it on my iPhone 6. The reviews aren't good on the app store, but I'm having none of the issues mentioned there- works perfectly for me.

kenjidm

n3wb
Reaction score
Another question. I hooked up my camera to a wired ethernet that runs to an unmanaged switch. I am assuming I have to run it to router to get an IP address?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The router assigns the ip address to any device attached to the switch as long as the switch is attached to the router...

kenjidm

n3wb
Reaction score
is there a thread that is titled hookup for dummies? cause i sure need it. plugged lan into camera, plug power in and loaded the software. Doesn't recognize my camera at all. I am lost and frustrated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you need to change the ip addresses on the camera. By default they arrive with 192.0.0.64, your router will not be able to see this…
Download the sadp tool from hikvision http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/downl...re.asp?id=1120
You will need to change the cameras ip address to something within your routers range
Do you know your routers ip address?

kenjidm

n3wb
Reaction score
Symantec Endpoint was blocking SADP from recognizing my camera. Once disabled I was able to change my IP address and start rolling. Thanks everyone.