recommendations for a few new dahua cameras?

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently have two cameras running, I bought a PTZ Dahua as a test and love the thing but sort of wish I got a wider angle lens. I'd been looking at adding a couple of 5231s but given what I'm trying to do they may be the wrong camera due to narrow FOV. So before I throw more $$, any recommendations (See attached drawing)? I'd prefer starlights.

I need one for the front door (there is no overhang, so would need to be mounted to the wall)
Then I'd like a wide angle one for the back yard
and then two to cover up and down the street. I suppose I could use the Dahua I have now for one direction of the street but I tend to rotate that and zoom to point as wherever I've parked my car (my wife gets the driveway, I park on the street).

Yellow are existing cameras, red are the cameras I would need to purchase.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Read the cliff notes in the Wiki at the top of the page. There's a wedge/dome that should handle the door duty. A 5231R-xx should work well for wide angle. I catch my back door/sidewalk, driveway gate and all the way out to the street (about 180 feet) with one.

dw-n.JPG

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I currently have two cameras running, I bought a PTZ Dahua as a test and love the thing but sort of wish I got a wider angle lens. I'd been looking at adding a couple of 5231s but given what I'm trying to do they may be the wrong camera due to narrow FOV. So before I throw more $$, any recommendations (See attached drawing)? I'd prefer starlights.

I need one for the front door (there is no overhang, so would need to be mounted to the wall)
Then I'd like a wide angle one for the back yard
and then two to cover up and down the street. I suppose I could use the Dahua I have now for one direction of the street but I tend to rotate that and zoom to point as wherever I've parked my car (my wife gets the driveway, I park on the street).

Yellow are existing cameras, red are the cameras I would need to purchase.

Thanks for any advice.
If you need PTZ
Review-Dahua SD1A203T-GN Starlight Mini PTZ
105° PTZ mini dome