Recommendations for a recording outdoor IP camera

GrooveClip

n3wb
Reaction score
After some recent property damage we're looking for a wireless outdoor IP camera with, preferably inbuilt with a (micro)SD card, recording that can be mounted to a wall facing left/right (see image below for what I mean).

Does anyone have any recommendations for cameras with good video quality that would meet this requirement? The only one I've found so far is the Y-cam Bullet HD 1080, but it seems very expensive!

Wall mounted IP camera:

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..consider having someone run the cable for you..you have to run power to the camera anyway...this will open up a ton of options..
As a second option you can try powerline adapters...and finally you can use a wireless bridge to turn any camera into a wifi camera...
As far as a wired bullet camera with sd card, consider the hikvision 2632IS or this new model DS-2CD2T32 http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014101311390770075.pdf
it is available in three levels of IR, i3 (standard 30m) i5 and i8...

GrooveClip

n3wb
Reaction score
consider having someone run the cable for you..
Powered with Ethernet or using PoE are both possible but due to where the router sits in the house is something I'd prefer to avoid (the cable would either have to go through the ground floor ceiling or run outside the house up to the camera), though if that provides more options then it's can be done!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are professionals who can run the cable in the wall..its not that expensive and will open up a ton of options...looks for folks who install hardwire alarms or phone systems.