Recommendations for horizontally mounted PoE camera for Small Space

cornholio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a foyer that I want to cover. I've got a Foscam with a PoE splitter right now with an ugly mount. I'm looking to replace this with something that can mount horizontally. Must have audio!

I would love for it to replace my wall plate or mount right over it or something like that, to hide the wire. That's probably not to electrical and fires code though.

PTZ would probably be an overkill for this area.DoorInside.20170622_051328.jpg

Any suggestions?

Edit: Typos

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From a quick glance at the spec sheets, it looks like the bigger one has better water ingress protection (IP67 vs IP66) and has a vandal resistance rating (whereas the mini doesn't).

Rest of the specs look the same (again, from a quick glance).

IPC-HDB4231C-AS | Dahua Technology
IPC-HDBW4231E-AS | Dahua Technology

No to PTZ. Dahua's PTZs are physically a lot larger than these. Looks like you get everything in the shot without having to PTZ, no?

cornholio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From a quick glance at the spec sheets, it looks like the bigger one has better water ingress protection (IP67 vs IP66) and has a vandal resistance rating (whereas the mini doesn't).

Rest of the specs look the same (again, from a quick glance).

IPC-HDB4231C-AS | Dahua Technology
IPC-HDBW4231E-AS | Dahua Technology

No to PTZ. Dahua's PTZs are physically a lot larger than these. Looks like you get everything in the shot without having to PTZ, no?
Yea, you're right. Dahua PTZs are pretty large. This one looks like it'd be small SD22204T-GN. But no IR. I don't need a PTZ anyway.

The domes I heard weren't good with IR. Turrets have low have low WAF. What your opinion on that? Is it the size or the looks?

Last edited: