Recommendations for outdoor poe 1080p bullet with PIR sensor

John

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, any recommendations on a poe 1080p outdoor bullet camera with a built in PIR sensor? or has anyone ever added a PIR sensor to an ip cam?

Thanks, John

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The only outdoor cams with a pir sensor ive seen is by mobotix. @networkcameracritic has some review on his website. http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?cat=11
Adding your own will be way cheaper but you will need to bring separate power for the pir sensor. Are you using any cameras now and want to add on or is this for a new install.

Last edited by a moderator:

John

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have 4 of the Hikvision ds-2cd2032 installed now and I'm using a pc with IVMS-4200 to monitor, if there was a way to add a pir sensor that would be great. I'm just not sure of how to integrate it into the system. any help would be appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The mobotix will not work with ivms and they are expensive anyways. You cannot add a pir sensor to the 2032 cameras. There are other hikvision cameras like the 2632 bullet and the 2732 and 2532 domes that allow you to add a pir sensor (you will need to bring your own power).
Just to understand your application better... Are you trying to minimize alerts because of false triggers or are you trying to minimize recordings to save space?

John

n3wb
Reaction score
I will check out the 2632, the cams are in the forest, so wind, snow, bugs and rain trigger alerts, in the past I used trail cams with pir sensors that were fairly accurate at detecting animals, recording space is not an issue.

thanks again for the help!