Recommendations - Interior / Ceiling Mount / POE / Unobtrusive / Fixed & PTZ

TundraCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm looking for interior cameras for our house.
  • All will be mounted in the ceiling (so thru sheetrock mounting is ideal).
  • Prefer as small and unobtrusive as possible. Ceiling is white.
  • All locations have ethernet / POE+.
  • All can be fixed focus or vari-focal though a couple of locations would benefit from PTZ.
  • All of our current exterior cameras are Dahua but they don't seem to have a good selection of residential interior.
    • Wedge (N43AN52 - my current leading contender)
    • Mini PTZ
    • PTZ (only thru-ceiling mount)
I lean towards quality over cost though that does have its limits :)

Thanks,

Last edited:

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wanted to observe a big glass sliding door and part of a dining area. Originally I planned on using a Dahua camera with their thru-ceiling mount (10 foot height). But the required hole is large and I was concerned about the future sheetrock repair I would need to do when the camera became obsolete.

So I elected to use a surface mounted IPC-E3541F-AS-M Wedge camera (3.6mm / 5MP). Performance is similar to the 4MP N43AN52 you have on your list.

Here are photos that show the installation and coverage:
Liv_Rm_Ceiling_Cam.jpgLivingRoomImage2.jpg

TundraCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's helpful. Thank you.

Which thru-ceiling mount were you considering?

TundraCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Continuing with digging and comparisons.

The IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE seems the best affordable option for a vari-focal dome and it works with PFB5201C in-ceiling mount. It doesn't seem to be available from @EMPIRETECANDY though? Other options that are available?

There are 3 Wizmind-X cameras that would work but price might give me considerable pause. How beneficial would these be indoors vs a 5442? The distortion correction might be helpful as well as better image quality but I'm not sure how critical the improved image quality will be indoors.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
2.8MM Lens with widest view sometimes will show a little distortion, like fisheye, this is same for all cam.
Wizemind X yes price is high and has better cmos, biggest thing is the AI smart on the Wizemind is awesome, if just for pics the 5442 can be good enough for using.

TundraCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY. Can you get the IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE or is there a dome you'd recommend for interior use? Vari-focal is a definite nice to have but I think a fixed w/ a 90° FOV would work in most cases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This fixed lens dome not have that ceiling mount, camera size is bit smaller than the HDBW5442E-ZE, i have 2 2MP IPC-HDBW5241E-ZE left, same size as the HDBW5442E-ZE, work good too.