Recommended POE switch for 9 cameras?

blulegend

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the process of acquiring hardware for my setup. I have 9 POE 2K cameras. I notice a lot of the 16 port POE switches are only 8 POE ports. Is there one that meets my needs that I haven't seen on amazon? Should I get Managed or Unmanaged?

Thank you! Happy Holidays!

b1gbleu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the process of acquiring hardware for my setup. I have 9 POE 2K cameras. I notice a lot of the 16 port POE switches are only 8 POE ports. Is there one that meets my needs that I haven't seen on amazon? Should I get Managed or Unmanaged?

I would say to split the cameras using 2 8port switches. Some cameras will draw more power and may be on a longer run which taxes the power source as well.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I just got two of these
D-Link Systems 10-Port Gigabit Web Smart PoE Switch including 2 Gigabit SFP Ports (DGS-1210-10P)
http://amzn.to/2CWe3P6

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Dudester

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I won’t buy anything with Netgears name on it. They got me on a $150 modem router combo unit Year’s ago. Died within 6 months of purchase but had a 1year warranty. Called then to return it for repair and was told I need a RMA number and only way to get one was talk with tech support and naturally tech support was only good for 90days from purchase and I needed to sign up for tech support at a cost of $30.00 to get the RMA. They can kiss my ass, it went into the dumpster and I pulled everything with netgear out of my system.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NetGear

I bought this one for much reduced price and it looks clean with all the original components. The reviews look pretty good. I need the ports and the fibber connection.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.