Recorded video in slow-motion?

robert1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Google-fu has failed me. I've been using BlueIris for about 4 or 5 months now, and really like it. However, recently, I ran into an issue. Since the update last week, recorded videos run in slow motion. It's strange. It's not laggy, or frame drops or similar, I can watch the overlay timestamps, and they are incrementing about 1 second for every 3-4 seconds of actual playback. It's strange. All the frames appear to be there, since the video is smooth... it's just slow. At first I was like, man why is my dog walking so slow! If I export the bvr file to MP4, it also appears in slow-mo, so what blue-iris says is about a 20 second clip, actually shows up as a 1 minute+ mp4 file. To make matters even stranger, when I restart the service, the first trigger for every camera is normal. Subsequent triggers are slow-mo. On the video playback it says 1X speed.

Regarding my setup,
Live View is fine
CPU usage is about 20%
Direct-to-disk (local RDM disk) is enabled
3 reolink cameras (4 configured, but one I haven't hung yet)
1080P @30FPS
It's a VM

So first, anyone else experiencing this issue now or in the past and/or have any suggestions? Second, anyone have a link to the older update file I can download? Yes I know auto-update, etc...

Side-note anyone else notice that swiping cameras via the mobile app is also slow since the update?

Thanks in advance
Robert

robert1234

n3wb
Reaction score
update, I've also noticed that time sync for the cameras in blue iris (not the camera time) was several hours off. I looked closer, and each real second for the Live View overlay ticks up about 4 or 5 seconds for the overlay clock. If I remove and add the overlay, it resets the time back to normal, but then it gets off quickly since it's counting up so fast. Definitely seems like a bug in blue iris.

Anyone have an older version that I can use?

robert1234

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks Vettester! I'll keep it in case it crops back up. For what it's worth, I was able to fix it by deleting all my cams and adding them back in. It also fixed the slow swiping in the mobile app. Really weird issue for sure.

robert1234

n3wb
Reaction score
also, to add to it, it's been stable since I deleted and added the cams back in. For what it's worth, all I did was export the cams, deleted all, then re-imported, so I didn't even change any settings. But at least things are back to normal! Hopefully this helps someone

rfryar

n3wb
Reaction score
This has just started to happen to me on 4 of my 5 cameras. The H265 camera is fine. Also playing through the new web UI is also fine. Only in the Blue Iris windows admin interface and also through the blue iris (IOS) app.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This has just started to happen to me on 4 of my 5 cameras. The H265 camera is fine. Also playing through the new web UI is also fine. Only in the Blue Iris windows admin interface and also through the blue iris (IOS) app.

Any ideas?
Did you enable limit decoding?
Also explain EXACTLY what is happening.

rfryar

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you enable limit decoding?
Also explain EXACTLY what is happening.
I figured it out.. I had to turn on decoder compatibility. Not sure why this suddenly needs to be enabled but that fixes it.

The behavior for anyone that cares...

All of my recorded videos on my H264 cameras were playing back in what appeared to be slow motion. If I watched on 1x it would play all the frames but take about 10 seconds to display a second of video. This occurred in the admin interface, the iphone app and also the web UI EXCEPT on the pop-up of the video in the webui. It displayed at the correct speed.

My H265 cameras were unaffected.

This just started in the last month of so. Hard to judge exactly what release this occurred as all the live video works fine.

But when I toggled decoder compatibility it resolved the issues.

Thanks for the quick answer,

Rick