Recorded Video Stocks

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I setup BI to record clips if motion is detected. It always seems to trigger a bit late, hence I configured it so that it constantly buffers video for 1s so that that 1s before the trigger can also be included once the trigger has been hit. That's just for background information.

The issue I am having is that recordings sometimes stock after about 10s. When I play a recording I can see the status bar, which shows the position within the video, stops moving. Then after about 5 seconds it starts playing the movie again with the status bar moving again. The problem is that this section of about 5 seconds is missing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying the playback freezes for 5 seconds then abruptly jumps ahead? Tell us more about your setup...cameras? pc? cpu load?

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, that is what is happening. So when I play the video the progress bar stops and so does the video. Then after a few seconds the progress bar continues at the same position where it stopped but the video jumps ahead by about the same amount for which the video stopped. I am using two Hikivision 1080p cameras. The PC they are connected to is an i7 with 16GB of memory. I am not sure what the CPU load was when the recording happened but usually it is around 15-20%. Out of that 15-20% BI seems to use between about 9%-12%, the rest is used by other processes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is strange...what is your break time set to? try increasing the receive buffer camera properties > video> configure