Recording Audio with Direct2Disk?

nethfel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to record audio while using Direct2Disk or will it cause a spike in CPU usage?

nethfel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no problem at all. no cpu spike
Ok, I must be running into some other issue. I know that the replacement cameras are higher resolution than the existing, but my CPU usage shot up WAY high (ie: I remove 9 720p cameras and added 2 2K cameras and my CPU usage is at like 70% no motion detection, direct to disk where it was at like 23-40% with the 9 720p) there must be an overlay or something on somewhere I'm overlooking that I haven't thought about in ages as I've not had to add cameras in ages.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I must be running into some other issue. I know that the replacement cameras are higher resolution than the existing, but my CPU usage shot up WAY high (ie: I remove 9 720p cameras and added 2 2K cameras and my CPU usage is at like 70% no motion detection, direct to disk where it was at like 23-40% with the 9 720p) there must be an overlay or something on somewhere I'm overlooking that I haven't thought about in ages as I've not had to add cameras in ages.
Are you sure you enabled direct to disk on both cameras? Are the frame rates the same?

nethfel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure you enabled direct to disk on both cameras? Are the frame rates the same?
It is D2D, I found the problem, the new cameras frame rates are obviously too high. They were set at 20fps, dropping them down to 15fps has reduced/removed the issue (I think the old 720p ones were set for 15, and we had just configured wrong initially before we installed them).