Recording delay

pjhextall

n3wb
Reaction score
Just in the past few days one camera out of my eight has started having a problem. The camera triggers and emails are sent with images that are obviously taken at the time of the trigger. But when trying to play the clip there is a delay of 10 to 20 seconds between the trigger image time and the recording start time.
Camera is a Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)
Any ideas.

Last edited:

pjhextall

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris Options > Record (Tab) > Pre-trigger video buffer maybe?
The pre trigger buffer is set at 2 seconds.
This morning the camera was triggered at 6:59:46, the clip list shows an 18 second recording but there is no video clip.
Second trigger at 7:03:31 clip recorded and plays perfectly.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The pre trigger buffer is set at 2 seconds.
This morning the camera was triggered at 6:59:46, the clip list shows an 18 second recording but there is no video clip.
Second trigger at 7:03:31 clip recorded and plays perfectly.

Delete the offending cam from BI, then add it back fresh.

pjhextall

n3wb
Reaction score
Weird behavior problem solved.
I had changed the settings on the Dahua camera. I had turned on "smart codec" in the video settings. This reduced the ketframe rate to .10 instead of the usual 1 keyframe per second.

Thanks to Ken at Blue Iris support

protivakid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Weird behavior problem solved.
I had changed the settings on the Dahua camera. I had turned on "smart codec" in the video settings. This reduced the ketframe rate to .10 instead of the usual 1 keyframe per second.

Thanks to Ken at Blue Iris support
Was this what caused the issue or was this settling lowering the keyframe what solved it?