Recording Snapshots on Dahua XVR

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been trying to setup snapshot recording on the DVR for a local alarm input. I have alarm recording working for the alarm input which works perfectly and I can play these alarm events back through the DVR. However I can't get snapshots to record and then view them on the DVR. I've setup the schedule for snapshots with alarm selected for all day and every day. I've checked that snapshot recording is enabled and as video is recording for an alarm event I know the alarm input is working.

Can anyone shed any light on why snapshots will not record to the DVR with a local alarm input?

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK so an update on this.

It appears that the snapshots are being recorded correctly onto the DVR/NVR. However you cannot view them through the DVR/NVR! When I serach on PSS the snapshots are all there but when searching on the DVR/NVR there are no snapshots showing, just normal alarm recordings.
If anyone knows how to view snapshots on the actual DVR/NVR then please let me know.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone knows how to view snapshots on the actual DVR/NVR then please let me know.
Helpful suggestion : I think you're likely to get more responses if you give some info about the actual model number, and the firmware it is running, your settings, and whether you are accessing via the web GUI or the VGA/HDMI connection.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I the details are as follows:
Model: DHI-XVR7416L
Firmware: 3.218.0000002.1
Build Date: 29-12-2017

Accessing the DVR via the HDMI connection directly to monitor. PSS accessed via LAN network connection.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok solved this in the end. Simple matter of not selecting the correct type of search when trying to find photos. There are two selections under the search function, Recordings & PIC. You have to select PIC and then do a search on the relevant channels. This then only displays photos and all of these on my system had a 'J' beside them. If you search under recordings you just get video recordings.

Probably obvious to most but hope it helps anyone else unable to find snapshot recordings.