Recording Troubles and Email Alerts

Nathangorr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been having a persistent issue with Blue Iris that I can't seem to figure out for the life of me.
I have one IP CAM set up on Blue Iris that I wish to record whenever there is motion at any point in the week. During Mondays through Fridays, I want to have it record and send me email notifications when motion is detected from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM. With the configuration that I currently have, I cannot seem to get either to work. Blue Iris will not record without manually clicking the record button, and I do not get email notifications at any point in the day, even if there is clearly motion. Before attempting to have Blue Iris send me emails, the software successfully recorded when there is motion. When I tried to revert my changes, it would no longer record at all. Below are my current alert, record, trigger, and schedule configurations, along with a screenshot of main Blue Iris UI.

Alert Settings.PNGCapture.PNGRecording Settings.PNGTrigger Settings.PNGhome.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The record and motion settings tab are profile specific..you posted the settings for the wrong profile...

Nathangorr

n3wb
Reaction score
The motion and trigger tabs for Profile 1 share the same configuration as Profile 2. The reason I have Profile 2 displayed in the Alerts tab screenshot is because alerts are disabled for Profile 1.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lower the make time to 0.7 and post images of your object and zone settings

Nathangorr

n3wb
Reaction score
Here are the screenshots of my zone and object configuration. I have also changed my make time to 0.7, as suggested.

object.PNGzone.PNG

Something I did notice, which I haven't seen before, is the fact that there is a red inactive symbol next to the name of my camera. Could this have anything to do with the issue I am having?

inactive.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the inactive symbol is your issue.. did you override the global schedule? Did you accidentally uncheck profile 2 from being active in the cameras general tab

Nathangorr

n3wb
Reaction score
Turns out I accidentally enabled "Camera is only active when externally triggers" at some point, and that was causing the issue. Thanks for the help!