perfect. Recordings have been great, video has been great with
my 10 different Foscam models. Out of nowhere, less then a week
ago I notices all recordings regardless of the camera, are pixalated
and I cannot for the life me figure it out (not sure when Ken will
respond as one never knows).

I have tried deleting cameras, reinstalling so they go back to default -
still same blurry recordings despite clear real time feeds. I go back
to my old ancient system still running BI3 and video is still recording
just fine with almost verbatim settings (and same cameras)

Anyone else experience this issue which I am positive is encoding related
despite everything work fine days ago and nothing has changed (manually).

We have had some police incidents of late and this is not a good time for
video to being useless. I have included a screen shot of the real time feeds
and screen shot of recording.2017-02-08 18_12_11-Blue Iris.png 2017-02-08 18_55_56-Blue Iris.png 2017-02-08 18_12_11-Blue Iris.png

Any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are many posts discussing solutions..Use search

mike_a

n3wb
Reaction score
There are many posts discussing solutions..Use search
With all due respect, I went thru the 36 troubleshooting posts and none of them directly addressed my strange issue
in which I have too, a user of BI for well over 3 years has never seen.

Some of the remote closest posts entertained the bit rate, firwalls, OS, (none applied) etc etc - but none mentioned a perfectly good running BI system (for years) with stunning real time cameo feeds and
now, same settings,network, cameras, CPU, the recording are all streaming as if in SD 20K feed (and same settings running on my old slow notebook with no recording issues).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With all due respect, I went thru the 36 troubleshooting posts and none of them directly addressed my strange issue
in which I have too, a user of BI for well over 3 years has never seen.

Some of the remote closest posts entertained the bit rate, firwalls, OS, (none applied) etc etc - but none mentioned a perfectly good running BI system (for years) with stunning real time cameo feeds and
now, same settings,network, cameras, CPU, the recording are all streaming as if in SD 20K feed.
Post your recording settings...

mike_a

n3wb
Reaction score
Post your recording settings...
Thank you for the kind reply - - - forgive me for overkill, took some screenshots -- not sure
what you wanted exactly - please advise if I missed any settings.

:2017-01-07 11_05_12-Blue Iris.png2017-02-08 21_08_15-Blue Iris.png2017-02-08 21_08_42-Video Format.png2017-02-08 21_09_01-Garage.png2017-02-08 21_09_28-Network IP camera configuration.png2017-02-08 21_09_49-Garage.png2017-01-07 11_05_12-Blue Iris.png2017-02-08 21_08_15-Blue Iris.png2017-02-08 21_08_42-Video Format.png2017-02-08 21_09_01-Garage.png2017-02-08 21_09_28-Network IP camera configuration.png2017-02-08 21_09_49-Garage.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@mike_a uncheck limit bitrate...that is your problem..you should also be using a pretrigger buffer so you dont miss recordings...
You can also significantly reduce cpu consumption recording direct to disk vs rencoding and recording to blue iris dvr BVR format...BVR will also allow you to view video while the clips is being recorded and not closed yet.

Last edited:

mike_a

n3wb
Reaction score
@mike_a uncheck limit bitrate...that is your problem..you should also be using a pretrigger buffer so you dont miss recordings...
You can also significantly reduce cpu consumption recording direct to disk vs rencoding and recording to blue iris dvr BVR format...BVR will also allow you to view video while the clips is being recorded and not closed yet.

Good morning Mr. Fenderman, thank you for the suggestions and time. The "direct to disk" selection seemed to do the trick (9 out of the other cameras did not have the bit rate capped) but after I ditched the re-encoding it went back to smooth recorded video. For the life if me I cant figure out what caused it to work before and now not. I checked my old notebook (my original machine) running BI and they all too were still re-encoding and video is still smooth (I changed them though) and it is a outdated overworked old Pentium (yes, go ahead laugh), so hard for me to grasp why a new i5 (sorry, could not swing the i7 quad $$$) stopped encoding as before (run rate was over month).

Any thoughts on the BI4? Bells and Whistles? I have not had the option to dig in really, but the one thing that stands out as different to me is the video trigger configuration (gone is the Red for hotspots and Black for greying out) --- not sure what to think of that green (and where is the blacked out option for windy nights or planes?). Again, thank you for your time and responses.