Recordings stopped

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I changed my hard drive out and copied everything over to the new one everything was working. After a few days the recordings stopped and I was only able to view a picture. When I went in found the storage drives full and once I deleted some clips it started recordings again. Again today noticed no clips again. Checked drives and they were full again. When I went to clips and archiving I tried to change the folder to delete files instead of moving to another drive. It won't let me change anything I keep getting a message that folders must be discreet and not subfolders of one another. Not sure why I am getting this and won't let me change anything. See attached pics. Not sure how to correct this except to manually delete files so it'll record.
Thanks

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the correct folder names for your folders, do not change the names, just the drive letters.
c:\BlueIris\db
C:\BlueIris\New
c:\BlueIris\Stored
c:\BlueIris\Alerts

If new and stored are on the same drive do not use stored. Keep everything in NEW
If you change the folders reboot the computer.

In BI look at the status (button with three vertical bars) , look at clip storage, if there is any red you have incorrectly allocated the drive space.
Do not allocate more than 95% of a hard drive to BI.