Recovery of BI settings and registration from registry file

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had a hard drive fail. I was able to recover the registry file and export the BI keys.

Importing them and then installing BI on a new system gets me an expired Demo though.

For lack of time, I've already bought a new BI registration key and rebuilt the system. Wouldn't mind recovering the old key for possible future use and the settings as well. Any suggestions?

And Yes, I will try to be better about exporting from within BI and saving a copy of that file.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Had a hard drive fail. I was able to recover the registry file and export the BI keys.

Importing them and then installing BI on a new system gets me an expired Demo though.

For lack of time, I've already bought a new BI registration key and rebuilt the system. Wouldn't mind recovering the old key for possible future use and the settings as well. Any suggestions?

And Yes, I will try to be better about exporting from within BI and saving a copy of that file.
it is sent to you via email why you buy...check..

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it is sent to you via email why you buy...check..
Thanks, but I wasn't the one who bought it. And the person that did is believes in "inbox zero".

Oh well, life happens. Should have been better prepared.