Recovery of Hikvision Video Stored On NAS

Reaction score
Hi,
Could anyone perhaps guide me where to find information on how to recover the video saved to a NAS from a Hikvision NVR. I have currently setup my hikvision NVR to record to a NAS (redundancy). What I would like to do is test a scenario where my NVR gets stolen, how would I go about getting and viewing the video footage stored on the NAS? Is there specific software I could use to retrieve the video footage?

Thanks in advance.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would like to hear what others say about this since I do not use recording to NAS, but I would try with Hikvision's "Local Playback v2.1.0.2"

Reaction score
Thanks, let me have a look at it, ideally I would want to point the software to the NAS drive and be able to playback the video that was stored there. I had a look at iVMS-4200 and it does have a play video option but this only seems to be for a single mp4 video. It would be nice to also have the search functionality similar to how the current 'playback' function works.

Reaction score
I have tried making use of the Local Playback app as well as VSPlayer but neither of them allows you to view the footage from the NAS. I have also mapped the remote NAS share as a local drive in windows but the Local Playback app does not recognise mapped drives. Anyone else have an idea on how to view/search the footage on the NAS?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else have an idea on how to view/search the footage on the NAS?
This might be a bit techy - and I have no idea how usable or valid it is :
davehope/libHikvision
A PHP Class for working with Hikvision datadir's, this file will parse index00.bin files that Hikvision IP Camera software stores on SD cards and NFS Shares.
Using this class you can view details about recordings stored in a datadir and extract video and thumbnai