Redneck Camera Testing

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had some time this weekend to test some cams I bought over a year ago. I liked the Idea of a post in a bucket with stone so I added my own twist with my little buddy helper, she was bored too so WE got down and dirty, rolled up are sleeves and tested some locations around the house. The camera I tested was a GW security 5mp amazon special, I think I paid $119 for it a year ago. Its has a manual lens and focus, yea Its a pain but seems it worked out OK once you get done jerking around back and forth with your wireless laptop in sunlight and chasing my 6 yr old around (Quality Time) with her dad. I do not think I would buy another one of these because Im lazy and would rather sit at my computer and adjust the varafocal lens. My wife has been on my butt about adding cams in the front of the house so a testing we will go. What a way for a father and daughter to bond :rapture: I have a Dahua 4k NVR and these cams work well with it even motion detection....go figure. It was a GREAT afternoon and night with my little one and I finally got some locations picked out.

TC_1.jpgwagonup.jpgtc_3.jpgTC_2.jpgAbby.jpgwagon2.jpg

Sputnik

n3wb
Reaction score
How sweet, a little garden princess. I have one of those too. :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nice test rig, Ive used a bucket full of gravel many times.. works well.