Refurbished computer question?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am going to either rebuild 4 or more computers I use for video editing. fenderman and so many on here have talked about the refurbished computers that I may give that a shot over rebuilding. Where is the best place to find multiple ones that will have a 3 year warranty like fenderman has said? I have found some but many don't have 3 year warranties. They also have to be i7 or a good Xeon cpu with several other features. Any pointing in the right direction will be taken. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to either rebuild 4 or more computers I use for video editing. fenderman and so many on here have talked about the refurbished computers that I may give that a shot over rebuilding. Where is the best place to find multiple ones that will have a 3 year warranty like fenderman has said? I have found some but many don't have 3 year warranties. They also have to be i7 or a good Xeon cpu with several other features. Any pointing in the right direction will be taken. Thanks.
Dell outlet or eBay.

You want a recent Skylake or kaby lake processor..that way you don't pay for old crap....i7 and Xeon are meaningless terms...some are old and useless powehogs...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of threads dicussing how to get a good deal..

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I haven't found any of those good deals like you seem to find. You must just have that magic touch fenderman. For i7s and an SSD drive with 6th or 7th gen cpu we're up around $700 for what I've found on Dell outlet. On ebay it is usually only 1 item and I am needing at least 4. I may be better off just rebuilding and putting in new mobod, cpu, and memory. I have everything else.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't found any of those good deals like you seem to find. You must just have that magic touch fenderman. For i7s and an SSD drive with 6th or 7th gen cpu we're up around $700 for what I've found on Dell outlet. On ebay it is usually only 1 item and I am needing at least 4. I may be better off just rebuilding and putting in new mobod, cpu, and memory. I have everything else.
Its not just me..there are many threads discussing where to look and how to find deals including chatting with dell.
Why are you paying for an installed ssd when you can buy one yourself.
I have an elitedesk i7-6700 that came with a 256 ssd that I use as a personal pc (swapped out the 256 and used it somewhere else), for 400...with almost full 3 year warranty...folks here routinely get an i7-6700 from dell for 450-500..you are not looking hard enough. For video editing you might look at the dell xps series as they come with discrete video that might be sufficient...dont know...you will need to ensure the psu can handle the cards you want to use