Rekor Edge Pro - anyone recognize the camera?

Reaction score
Rekor just released their own all-in-one LPR camera, but one that runs the Rekor Scout client and integrates into their subscription service.

I assume that Rekor is selling some other company's camera, and branding it as their own. Does anyone recognize the model or manufacturer?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if it can read TN plates LOL.

And at the price of $1500 plus an annual commercial license, I will buy 4 of them LOL.

I really hope they don't start squeezing us hobbyist out of it by jacking up the prices to the point that people will go this route!

Reaction score
Wonder if it can read TN plates LOL.

And at the price of $1500 plus an annual commercial license, I will buy 4 of them LOL.

I really hope they don't start squeezing us hobbyist out of it by jacking up the prices to the point that people will go this route!
The $1500 includes a free year of their commercial license, which isn't so bad. The question is if you'll be allowed to downgrade to the home version after the year is over.

There's some appeal to being able to just buy a camera, mount it, connect it to a PoE cable, and then have an LPR camera up and running. The savings in time alone might justify the cost for many. It's cheaper than Flock Safety, and Rekor will actually sell these cameras to individuals.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is some more info.

The range of 75 feet would be a deal killer for most. So probably in the 36mm focal length range compared to 64mm for the Z12E most use.

And interesting they use TN as the marketing plate given this camera is optimized for 850nm (plus there is no way it read that plate off that image LOL)....

1649790574502.png

1649790631554.png

Reaction score
Yes, 850 nm IR. Wonder who makes this cam? No mention anywhere that I could find of its sensor. Is it a 2MP on a 1/2.8" sensor? No mentions of lens either.