Remote access from IPAD or computer

vrop

n3wb
Reaction score
I could use some advice. Thanks to members of this forum, I was able to get Blue Iris to recognize and function with multiple cameras at home. I am now trying to connect remotely from either my IPAD or Surface Pro, and having difficulty. I read one of the threads on WAN access and got a little lost. I have set up the Blue Iris web server and I believe I set up my router port forwarding correctly. I am using port 81 and include that in the address I enter in the browser. When I try the external IP address in my browser on the Surface Pro, I get the can't display page error. I downloaded the app for Blue Iris on my IPAD, and it worked great from my home LAN. But when I try to remotely access over the internet while traveling, it won't connect. I tried to follow the help instructions for setting up web access, but must be missing something. I would appreciate your suggestions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you forwarded port 81 to the blue iris server address (which is the same as your pc)...ensure that under blue iris options>users.... lan access only is not checked.