Remote access problems, can't connect

Gulfsurfer

n3wb
Reaction score
Recent problem accessing my Blue Iris server. I've checked all the usual settings, IP addresses, port forwarding, etc.
Worried it may have been a Google Playstore update of the Remote app.. Versions are below:
Blue Iris ver 4.8.3.0 x64
Blue Iris SW Google Android App ver 2.0.71
Are these compatible? I've been using BI forever and th ere was a time I couldn't upgrade the remote app until I upgraded the server.
thx
GS

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Recent problem accessing my Blue Iris server. I've checked all the usual settings, IP addresses, port forwarding, etc.
Worried it may have been a Google Playstore update of the Remote app.. Versions are below:
Blue Iris ver 4.8.3.0 x64
Blue Iris SW Google Android App ver 2.0.71
Are these compatible? I've been using BI forever and th ere was a time I couldn't upgrade the remote app until I upgraded the server.
thx
GS
They app was updated Jan 7, 2020, so its not the app.
Have you checked if your ports are open?

Gulfsurfer

n3wb
Reaction score
That may be the problem, I'm using a dated Cradlepoint MBR1200B Cell Modem Router. The config hasn't changed in years, I went to the port settings and it doesn't look like I remember it. I haven't updated the firmware, so... I may have an old config file somewhere.

I get to almost the last window in the BI Remote Access Wizard and the port does't show up in the Verified IP field, so I don't see the BI Server.

Oh well, weekend house, so next troubleshooting session will be next weekend.

Thx,
GS