Remote Access Test

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I am failing the remote access test on the last page with the message 'The operation has timed out'

Can anyone put me right ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I am failing the remote access test on the last page with the message 'The operation has timed out'

Can anyone put me right ?
dont use the test...the processes enables upnp...
disable upnp on your router and cams.
the most secure way to access the server is vpn...see vpn primer for noobs thread..
if you insist on port forwarding, set it up manually...

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You should try logmein hamachi you don’t have to port fordward anything and it’s free. Also has some nice features. Just do a google search how to set it up it really simple.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
dont use the test...the processes enables upnp...
disable upnp on your router and cams.
the most secure way to access the server is vpn...see vpn primer for noobs thread..
if you insist on port forwarding, set it up manually...
@fenderman: upnp is disabled on router and cams, I have openvpn configured on router and setup on android phone. I have accessed cams through a mobile data connection via openvpn using gDMSS lite.
I tried to use the android blue iris app without success so came back to the blue iris desktop remote access test to see a way ahead.

@Camit. I am trying to access my cameras remotely via the blue iris android app, will your suggestion help with this?

Thanks to both of you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman: upnp is disabled on router and cams, I have openvpn configured on router and setup on android phone. I have accessed cams through a mobile data connection via openvpn using gDMSS lite.
I tried to use the android blue iris app without success so came back to the blue iris desktop remote access test to see a way ahead.

@Camit. I am trying to access my cameras remotely via the blue iris android app, will your suggestion help with this?

Thanks to both of you.
...you have a vpn!!!! why would you be using this tool...
simply enter the lan ip address and port for BOTH the wan and lan slots...

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I upgraded the firmware on my router and lost the WiFi. Others apparently had similar probs with the answer being it will be fixed with next firmware upgrade but no time scale given.
I returned my router and have replaced with a netgear r7000 which has vpn. Have configured that and vpn works okay.
As for the android app will download again and try to set it up