Remote access without port forwarding

Gojko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have IP camera connected on 3g router (with mobile USB modem). My ISP uses NAT behind my router, so I don't have opportunity to enable port forwarding on that router.

I use app for smartphone, which is suggested by camera vendor. That app, as you know, uses P2P connection over remote server. It's simple, only scan QR code shown on that camera and that's it.

BUT, is there any solution for PC (Windows) which works on the same way as like that mobile application? Because I can't set port forwarding on ISP's router.

Thanks a lot!

Gojko

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You fail to mention what camera specifically your trying to access.. thats important.

Gojko

n3wb
Reaction score
You fail to mention what camera specifically your trying to access.. thats important.
I have INSTAR IN-5907 PoE and ACTi b41.

Using InstarVision iOS app, I accessed camera using my phone from house network. InstarVision version for desktop doesn't have that feature, but there must be other solution? :)

Thanks

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
bluestacks with an android app might do the job

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
InstarVision version for desktop doesn't have that feature, but there must be other solution? :)
Thanks
nope not really; your dependent on P2P.. Buy a Dahua next time and the desktop app works w/P2P