remote camera - no power or internet

billv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is probably not the best place to ask this. If anyone knows of a better place, I'd like to know.

I have an area probably 60x60 feet that I need to monitor with a camera. Stills are fine but movies are good too. I do not have power or internet at the location. I'm considering some sort of trail camera with battery and solar for power and 3G or 4G connectivity. Cost is an issue as I don't want to spend a lot - perhaps no more than $500 for the entire set up. I need monthly costs to be low too. Night vision is needed. I also need the solution to be self contained with little or no maintenance so parameter setting via the phone is useful. Install and forget. I'd like to get at least HD quality photos, better if possible. I've seen some trail cams that gives you a snapshot and then you can download a higher quality photo for extra fee - I'd rather not have to pay the extra. I expect the area to be triggered 50+ times per day but likely won't need to get high resolution photo only occasionally. I've looked at trail cam reviews but I'm disappointed - many of the recent reviews have cams that are no longer available. One cam I've looked at is one of the Spypoint cams. I can likely do AT&T phone but would prefer Verizon as it has better reception in that area.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks