Remote car starter with good range

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am looking to get a remote starter for my toyota prius but everything on amazon seems to not have a great range specially being inside blocks the signal.

Anyone know of anything workable ?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Look into something made by DEI (viper, avital, etc). Reliable and you can add the SmartStart module to start from your phone anywhere in the world and get notifications of alarm going off and engine/lock status. It works on cell signal so it will work indoors where other RF systems dont.

Reaction score
One trick that works well with alarm keyfobs, is to place the keyfob against your head, then push the arm/disarm button. Works well for me when I'm in a detached garage and want to disarm/arm the house alarm. Of course, YMMV. This works with all keyfobs, as your body works as an antenna.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look into something made by DEI (viper, avital, etc). Reliable and you can add the SmartStart module to start from your phone anywhere in the world and get notifications of alarm going off and engine/lock status. It works on cell signal so it will work indoors where other RF systems dont.
i am looking something not based on subscription.