Remote viewing H264+ Main Streams in IE11

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not seen this issue when searching the forum, so here it goes:

I currently have four cameras using H264+ encoding and three cameras using H264 encoding. When I remote view the cameras in IE11, with WebVideoActiveX.ocx version 3.0.6.10 "manually" loaded, full screen display shows the sub-streams only for both H264 and H264+ encoding.

Worse, when I go with later versions of WebVideoActiveX.ocx (the WebComponents download from the NVR is 3.0.6.27), I then get a black screen for the H264+ Main Streams only. Same with version 3.0.6.46

Question: How can I get the Main Streams of H264+ encoded video in IE11?

Thx

-S

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The sad truth is, nobody wants to support IE, so probably all you can do is try to find different versions of the plugin, or find a different way to view the video. Depending on how that activex plugin was implemented, you may get different results if you try a different version of your video driver or if you install some codecs like the k-lite codec pack (I suggest installing it from ninite.com which makes it easy and safe).

The "Pale Moon" web browser (32 bit) is based on Firefox but still supports NPAPI plugins so the plugin for that may still work.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks bp2008. I installed the 32-bit version of Pale Moon and it works as well as IE11. However just like IE11, I cannot see any Main Stream when I go full screen for each camera. Perhaps the problem is elsewhere?

-S

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The sad truth is, nobody wants to support IE...
The real problem is they don’t want to support a modern browser. The fact that there isn’t a modern HTML5-only interface—the plugins are still relied upon—is the bigger problem.