Remoting into Blue Iris Server won't play clips

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have dedicated server for Blue Iris software. I connected 4 cameras from 4 different physical locations across the city. I set up remote login to the server. I tried both WAN/LAN and I can't play any clips from any camera. It just keeps loading the screen with yellow/red erros poping on the right, reloading page/click on anything else doesn't do anything. I have to close browser and log in back again. Live View works just fine between all cameras but as soon I as I hit on clip it freezes.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What browser?
Try Chrome if not already.
Do you have the option set in the BI account your using to view clips>

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have dedicated server for Blue Iris software. I connected 4 cameras from 4 different physical locations across the city. I set up remote login to the server. I tried both WAN/LAN and I can't play any clips from any camera. It just keeps loading the screen with yellow/red erros poping on the right, reloading page/click on anything else doesn't do anything. I have to close browser and log in back again. Live View works just fine between all cameras but as soon I as I hit on clip it freezes.
does it work with the mobile app?

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What browser?
Try Chrome if not already.
Do you have the option set in the BI account your using to view clips>
I tried Chrome, IE and Firefox...I have over 300+ computers at my disposal for testing with variety of configurations, locations with different internet speeds and it all freezes but its LAN in our HQ office...
What do you mean by an option set in BI? Which option?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't tried because it has to work either in Chrome or Firefox on the desktop computer.
this way we can determine where the error lies..you are also using ui3...try the default viewer for testing...there is something wrong on your end...it works

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this way we can determine where the error lies..you are also using ui3...try the default viewer for testing...there is something wrong on your end...it works
In default viewer when I click on clip the screen flashes, IE doesn't even wanna remote in at all. As far as Blue Iris, there's no trial app or I have to dish out $10? I bought a full software for $50 for desktop

Attachments

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also when I view it in default mode, it only shows 2 cameras instead of 4. In Firefox, I was able to look at clips of those 2 cameras that shows but there's no option for sound, no fastforward/rewind/pause...nothing

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also when I view it in default mode, it only shows 2 cameras instead of 4. In Firefox, I was able to look at clips of those 2 cameras that shows but there's no option for sound, no fastforward/rewind/pause...nothing
This is all user error, when you setup an account in BI, there is an option to allow that account to view or not view clips/alerts.
Read the help file thoroughly.
It's not entirely clear to me what you are trying to accomplish, but if you are viewing remote cameras, in another building over the internet, then you may need to reduce the frame rate.
Again, it's in the help file. ;)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In default viewer when I click on clip the screen flashes, IE doesn't even wanna remote in at all. As far as Blue Iris, there's no trial app or I have to dish out $10? I bought a full software for $50 for desktop
there is no trial app...the app just like the software is worth more than the 10 dollar charge...youll survive the hit..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you will not get sound in firefox for that you need IE....or a much better solution is to use UI3- which will be added to blue iris eventually....sound will work in chrome and not sure about ff...
Blue Iris UI3 beta test is now open!
are you using ui2 or 3 in your testing?

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I read BI Help File as “looney2ns” suggested but it didn’t help. I do understand that it could be my user error; however, networking side of things is not the problem.

I have a dedicated server machine that I installed BI on. I have a static IP that would be used for outside remote into BI.

The goal of this BI server is to record continuously 24/7 and store videos for 14 days.

We have over 30 different offices across 3 states. I installed 4 cameras already and will install 11 more by the end of February and the rest of our offices sometime this year or next.

One of the main goals of cameras is to record audio (my company has already done everything they need to have legal permission to do this in our state).

We have 5 offices with 5 manages in them that sometime will need to access BI Server from desktop computer to view recorded videos including audio for legal purposes that could cost big money in case if information handled or presented wrongly. That’s why in such cases they need to go back and check video/audio for verification and provide evidence if need to.

Here are the things I tried with and the outcomes of them:

To eliminate possible connection problems everything was done on LAN. I logged in as a default admin with the rights to view 4 cameras and video clips. Example screenshot #0

1. I cannot remote into BI from Internet Explorer through WAN or LAN, it simply doesn’t see server’s local IP in IE. I tried to remote through IE on the server itself where BI is and it still doesn’t see it. Example screenshot #1
  2. I tried to remote into BI from Chrome and Firefox with default UI. I only see there are 3 cameras instead of 4 for some reason. Default UI is not an option in Chrome/Firefox because there’s no sound and no playback options. Example Chrome screenshot #2 and Firefox screenshot #3
  3. I tried to remote with ui2.htm in Chrome/Firefox. There is no sound option even though it is checked in UI Config. Example screenshot #4. Addition to that I can now see recording from all 4 cameras but live view only from one office and no matter what I do it always shows the same live camera. If I disable this camera in BI then screen is just gray, it doesn’t show other live view from any cameras. Example screenshot #5
  4. I tried to remote with ui3beta/ui3.htm in Chrome/Firefox. I can switch now between live views on all 4 cameras, I can also toggle on/off live view audio on all cameras. However, when I go under clips option it freezes – I finally found out the problem if clips stored on local drive in STORED folder it won’t play them. I already made a new RAID and now everything records on separate drives with RAID set up.
However, I still don’t understand why IE doesn’t work and why I see 3 cameras out of 4 in default view in Chrome/Firefox.

Also few more questions only one camera has its name changed the rest and if I add any other no matter what I do will just show “Camera 1” its not a big deal but I like everything to be in order. Example screenshot #7

Also I checked in clips & archiving “delete” and store clips for 14 days. Will it work like it will delete 14 days of video clips after 14 days or it will be just overlapping and will always store the last 14 days of video clips?

May I schedule cameras to record this way for example from Monday-Friday 9am-6:30pm continuously, the rest of the hours and Saturday-Sunday only on motion detection?

Sorry for any mistakes, English is my 2nd language.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I read BI Help File as “looney2ns” suggested but it didn’t help. I do understand that it could be my user error; however, networking side of things is not the problem.

I have a dedicated server machine that I installed BI on. I have a static IP that would be used for outside remote into BI.

The goal of this BI server is to record continuously 24/7 and store videos for 14 days.

We have over 30 different offices across 3 states. I installed 4 cameras already and will install 11 more by the end of February and the rest of our offices sometime this year or next.

One of the main goals of cameras is to record audio (my company has already done everything they need to have legal permission to do this in our state).

We have 5 offices with 5 manages in them that sometime will need to access BI Server from desktop computer to view recorded videos including audio for legal purposes that could cost big money in case if information handled or presented wrongly. That’s why in such cases they need to go back and check video/audio for verification and provide evidence if need to.

Here are the things I tried with and the outcomes of them:

To eliminate possible connection problems everything was done on LAN. I logged in as a default admin with the rights to view 4 cameras and video clips. Example screenshot #0

1. I cannot remote into BI from Internet Explorer through WAN or LAN, it simply doesn’t see server’s local IP in IE. I tried to remote through IE on the server itself where BI is and it still doesn’t see it. Example screenshot #1
  2. I tried to remote into BI from Chrome and Firefox with default UI. I only see there are 3 cameras instead of 4 for some reason. Default UI is not an option in Chrome/Firefox because there’s no sound and no playback options. Example Chrome screenshot #2 and Firefox screenshot #3
  3. I tried to remote with ui2.htm in Chrome/Firefox. There is no sound option even though it is checked in UI Config. Example screenshot #4. Addition to that I can now see recording from all 4 cameras but live view only from one office and no matter what I do it always shows the same live camera. If I disable this camera in BI then screen is just gray, it doesn’t show other live view from any cameras. Example screenshot #5
  4. I tried to remote with ui3beta/ui3.htm in Chrome/Firefox. I can switch now between live views on all 4 cameras, I can also toggle on/off live view audio on all cameras. However, when I go under clips option it freezes – I finally found out the problem if clips stored on local drive in STORED folder it won’t play them. I already made a new RAID and now everything records on separate drives with RAID set up.
However, I still don’t understand why IE doesn’t work and why I see 3 cameras out of 4 in default view in Chrome/Firefox.

Also few more questions only one camera has its name changed the rest and if I add any other no matter what I do will just show “Camera 1” its not a big deal but I like everything to be in order. Example screenshot #7

Also I checked in clips & archiving “delete” and store clips for 14 days. Will it work like it will delete 14 days of video clips after 14 days or it will be just overlapping and will always store the last 14 days of video clips?

May I schedule cameras to record this way for example from Monday-Friday 9am-6:30pm continuously, the rest of the hours and Saturday-Sunday only on motion detection?

Sorry for any mistakes, English is my 2nd language.
The camera 01 in screenshot 7 is coming from the camera itself not blue iris..