Remove the red border around recording views?

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

EDIT: Just found the answer! Apologies for the noise.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the BI help file under "More options":

"When the option to Change border color to reflect camera state is selected, you will see camera borders change to blue when there is motion or red when the camera is either triggered or recording."

Reading is fundamental. :cool:

Edit: OK fenderman, you beat me on this one. :)

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I know all that but sometimes a clip has a red border hours after the camera was triggered or recording. And the red border does not go away. I have been able to remove the red borders by rebuilding the clip database but I am curious to know if there is a better solution. The original post was about removing the red border, not how or why it gets there. Hence the question as to what the solution was. Is rebuilding the clip database the only solution.

Oh yeah, I do read a lot thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I know all that but sometimes a clip has a red border hours after the camera was triggered or recording. And the red border does not go away. I have been able to remove the red borders by rebuilding the clip database but I am curious to know if there is a better solution. The original post was about removing the red border, not how or why it gets there. Hence the question as to what the solution was. Is rebuilding the clip database the only solution.

Oh yeah, I do read a lot thanks.
This is a separate and distinct issue...the red border on the clip is reflecting that the file is still recording...your combine and cut times are probably several hours long...it will stay that way until the file is closed (after combine and cut time has run out) or you manually disable and enable the camera forcing a cut...It is functioning properly...

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, my combine and cut times are fine at 15 minutes. The clip is not still recording when the red border remains hour later and after many more subsequent clips.

So, I take it that the "stuck" red border is caused by some kind of a glitch and the only way to remove it is to rebuild the database.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is your BI crashing at all? If it is this can corrupt the Db and do this (along with a few other "bad" things).

If you are getting this as normal behavior from BI I suggest verifying the clip file is not in use and if not, contact Ken at BI support (support@blueirissoftware.com) and let him know. The only time I've ever seen what you are describing is when the Db is corrupted.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I am not having any issues with BI crashing. It is very stable and runs virtually trouble free. I agree that it seems that the database is getting corrupted. I have a theory as to how/when based on this morning's clips although it may only be coincidence. My theory is that when a "combine or cut" time happens while a motion event is still recording something is happening to cause the database to get corrupted.

This morning I have a clip outlined in red even though it has finished recording and there is a subsequent motion event and clip an hour and three quarters later. Note the second clip in the following image.

Looking at the alert videos shown in the next image note that there are alerts occurring both before and after 6:15 AM when a "combine or cut" would occur based on my 15 minute "combine or cut" setting. Also of note is that none of these alert videos will play in BI, returning a black screen and error message.

The next image shows the clip videos after doing a database repair/regenerate. Note that there are now four clips, there is a cut at 6:15 AM and the red outline is gone.

The alert videos are the same after the database repair/regenerate as is shown in the final image but now they play in BI.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Understand, I agree it looks like you are having problems with the "combine or cut" option in BI - I really would let Ken know (you can point him to this thread to see your examples). Ken is fast and dogged in getting things right in BI, and you help everyone who uses BI when you report an issue. :cool:

It also may be there is a logical answer for it or a setting that Ken will recommend to eliminate the issue, Ken will know.

Did I mention you should contact Ken about this? :D

kylen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this is not an isolated issue... 4.0.1.6 is doing this on my machine. The bug came in with the update :) has anyone notified ken?

New Daddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm bumping up this old thread.
The red border doesn't go away even when it's not recording.
It only goes away when I execute database - repair/regenerate.
Almost all of my cameras exhibit this problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm bumping up this old thread.
The red border doesn't go away even when it's not recording.
It only goes away when I execute database - repair/regenerate.
Almost all of my cameras exhibit this problem.
Again read help file. User error.