Reolink and Blue Iris

JonW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi - I have a customer who is running Blue Iris (latest version) and has six Reolink cameras. He is currently running an older AMD FX based system and the Reolink cameras are working perfectly. The AMD system is on its last leg and needs to be replaced.

He would like to add a few additional cameras as well. I have found a bunch of posts saying there are a lot of issues with Reolink cameras and Blue Iris. I'm not seeing it though on his system. The picture coming from those cameras is stellar! I also found a couple posts that indicated that it may be an issue with the Intel chips/video and a couple others that suggested that Reolink has recently published a firmware update that fixes the issues. Lots of info, but no real answers.

For CPU-intensive projects, I've always leaned toward the Intel i7 CPUs. Am I going to cause myself problems if I go that route or am I better off sticking with an AMD chip on the new system because the existing system had no issues with the cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any ideas?
dont use amd...buy intel 6-8th gen i5/i7...see blue iris hardware thread...avoid reolink like the plague, the company not only lies to its user base, but spams this forum...the reolink issoue was not related to intel processors...

JonW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. The Reolink cams have been in use for some time now and aren't being replaced. Only the computer is being replaced. I understand the issues with Reolink (even though the BI website lists them as compatible too), my main concern was whether I'd have issues with an Intel CPU. Sounds like that's the way to go though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk