reolink b400

Squaddup

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys thanks for all your help, ive been doing alot of research and came down to wanting to buy 6 of these

https://www.amazon.com/Reolink-Add-Bullet-Security-Camera/dp/B07JRG22Y9

i found it cheaper on the reolink website, they have a mothersday sale that ends tomorrow, but i was reading on the website it says it would only work with reolink nvrs, and iw as planning on using a spare pc to hook everything up too, can anyone confirm that it wont work with my pc? i dont wanna order a bunch and soon later find out that it wont even work.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
No Onvif. I sure wouldn't count on them. Looking down the specs, I'd say you'd be wasting your time...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Squaddup

n3wb
Reaction score

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yeah I was considering buying those svc ones but I figured reolink had a more reputable name.. How long have you had those?
The SV3C was May of last year.

The others were late September to early October. One at a time because I tend to be paranoid and test, test, test... ;)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So you would go with the sv3c over the reolink?
Both of those are crap companies... Reolink in particular is a lying scamming company.... Do yourself a big favor and read the cliff notes and spend a bit more even if it means buying less cameras... Reolink is not compatible with blue iris because the iframe intervals cannot be set in the firmware.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FWIW, the sv3c is my weather station's cam and has been rock solid. The next 20 in the same batch may all be bad for all I know...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW, the sv3c is my weather station's cam and has been rock solid. The next 20 in the same batch may all be bad for all I know...
even when rock solid they have poor low light image quality.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had reolink for over 2 years. Not the best and if I knew I would avoid it:
Reolink - good & bad

I am in the process of doing all IPCT camera setup with dedicated BI computer with maybe IPCT NVR.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are smart, ask question before wasting your money on crap.
Start small and grow the system as you learn. do not try to solve the problem all at once.
If you try to limit the quality of the cameras by price, you will end up with crap, and need to spend more money to fix it.
You think you need x cameras, but never asked how or where to mount them.
Study learn !!!!

:welcome:

My standard welcome to the forum message.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

Quick start
1) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (https://store.ipcamtalk.com/) if you need good low light cameras.
2) use a VPN to access home network (openVPN)
3) Do not use wifi cameras.
4) Do not use cloud storage
5) Do Not use uPNP, P2P, QR, do not open ports,
6) More megapixel is not necessarily better.
7) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
8) Do not use reolink, ring, nest cameras (they are junk)
9) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
10) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What makes you say we shouldn't use WiFi? Apart from the usual WiFi network issues which can be addressed with proper WiFi equipment, what other issues do you see?
Despite your best efforts wifi is never going to be 100 percent with a device like an ip camera that streams in realtime and does not buffer. You have to run power to the camera anyway, run a proper cable. Also note that he said wifi cameras, most cameras that have built in wifi are subpar cameras with poor sensors. If you insist on wifi, any camera can be made wireless with a cheap wifi bridge or powerline.