Reolink camera password

ps0303

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using a ReolInk system for some months now and today I was playing around and thru my web browser I can connect to my cameras but the password is blank(not required) to connect and view the feed. I know I set a password thru the app but I guess that's not for the cameras? How does one set the password for the cameras so when you use a web browser and go to the camera you are required a password? Yes I looked at the Reolink info.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using a ReolInk system for some months now and today I was playing around and thru my web browser I can connect to my cameras but the password is blank(not required) to connect and view the feed. I know I set a password thru the app but I guess that's not for the cameras? How does one set the password for the cameras so when you use a web browser and go to the camera you are required a password? Yes I looked at the Reolink info.
HI @ps0303

Are you using a Reolink NVR with the Reolink Cameras?

ps0303

n3wb
Reaction score
HI @ps0303

Are you using a Reolink NVR with the Reolink Cameras?
Yes I am using the REOLink NVR and the REOLink cameras.

I'm beginning to see why people say these are junk. I did a firmware upgrade on two cameras, RLC-810A, by connecting to them thru my web browser. After the upgrade, I can no longer use any password to log into the cameras thru the web browser. I can still connect to them via the android app and the NVR. I guess I just solved my issue but created another one by upgrading them. SMH. Maybe the upgrade fixed a security hole.

So confused.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I am using the REOLink NVR and the REOLink cameras.

I'm beginning to see why people say these are junk. I did a firmware upgrade on two cameras, RLC-810A, by connecting to them thru my web browser. After the upgrade, I can no longer use any password to log into the cameras thru the web browser. I can still connect to them via the android app and the NVR. I guess I just solved my issue but created another one by upgrading them. SMH. Maybe the upgrade fixed a security hole.

So confused.
Hi @ps0303

In general, Webbrowsers support have changed also due to security cameras software using older web browser standards which have since been dropped due to insecurity issues.

Thus, you will always need to double check to see what webbroswer version you need with the camera's firmware. ( pita here .. some need older webbrowsers .. )

This is what I would do next, drop Reolink support a question about what webbrowsers are supported with the newer firmware you installed. ( please do let us know what you get back ).

Sometimes it can also be issues with security settings on the webbrowser .. example: accept / do not accept 3rd party cookies .. so you have to check that you are supporting any third party cookie that Reolink may use.

Please do let us know what you find out.

ps0303

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I have no real answer other than, magically things are working now. I've seen some very strange things like making setting changes that seem to take a while to take affect.