Reolink camera via crappy wifi

Jason R

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 10+ reolink POE cameras set up successfully with BlueIris... They have been working great for years.

I set up two new ones, that are being connected to my main wifi via a long-distance wifi bridge to an outbuilding. This connection is a bit spotty.

I can connect to the cameras fine using their web page. It's a little glitchy but not too bad.

When I set up BlueIris to these cameras (with the same config that works on the other cameras) it usually shows the signal loss page. I might get an image once every few days.

My conclusion is that somehow blueiris is not as forgiving for network dropout as the native reolink app or webpage is. Any ideas on how to adjust the configuration for these conditions?

Thanks!

Jason R

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was hoping for a configuration solution, not hardware. Since the other methods to view video off the cameras work with the current hardware, it seems reasonable there should be a blueiris config change that would help.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reolink has issue's with BI, avoid Reolink or Foscam in the future.
Search here for others that have had the same issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping for a configuration solution, not hardware. Since the other methods to view video off the cameras work with the current hardware, it seems reasonable there should be a blueiris config change that would help.
Nope, different protocols are used. Avoid wifi and more importantly avoid reolink junk.