Reolink camera will not add.

ZigBlazer

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm testing out Blue Iris, because I have 3 different brands of cameras and would like to view them all in one place. Through many instructions, how to videos, and these threads I've got 3 of 5 cameras working. My Reolink, which it finds on the IP search, says "No Signal", while I can view it through the Reolink app. I've checked everything I can think of, and assume it is something small I'm missing.

I'm new to the security camera thing. I'm mildly capable with computers, mostly can learn what I need using instructions. I have the last camera on another network (separate router), that is connected to the first through an ethernet cable. I'm working on getting that one up by forwarding the port from that router. We'll see if that works.

But I've hit a wall with this reolink.

IP double checked.
User & Password double checked.
Make and Model selected.
RSTP Port 1935
ONVIF Port 8000

ZigBlazer

n3wb
Reaction score
Well the forwarding didn't work for the other camera. Back to the drawing board.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try port 554 for RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol).
Don't forward any camera ports in router, not necessary with BI.

ZigBlazer

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the Reolink working. It was one little setting, that I had to change with the Reolink software first, before adding.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got the Reolink working. It was one little setting, that I had to change with the Reolink software first, before adding.
Just curious......when you said "it was one little setting, that I had to change with the Reolink software first..." , what software are you talking about?
The 'software' BUILT INTO the camera or ?
And what was that setting if you don't care to elaborate?

ZigBlazer

n3wb
Reaction score
I am talking about the Reolink Client software on my PC. In the settings for the camera, in encoding, the H264 profile had to be changed to Baseline. I changed that in the reolink software, started Blue Iris again and it worked. I don't see any reason why that would have made any difference, because I believe that would just change how the Reolink software saves a video capture, but it did work. So, it is confirmed that I don't know what I'm doing with IP cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am talking about the Reolink Client software on my PC. In the settings for the camera, in encoding, the H264 profile had to be changed to Baseline. I changed that in the reolink software, started Blue Iris again and it worked. I don't see any reason why that would have made any difference, because I believe that would just change how the Reolink software saves a video capture, but it did work. So, it is confirmed that I don't know what I'm doing with IP cameras.
That's OK....I'm a poor taxidermist! :facepalm: