reolink cameras?

turbov6camaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anybody have any experience with them? good or bad?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
anybody have any experience with them? good or bad?
IF you intend to use it with blue iris, there is a known issue that causes image tearing...the developer is trying to solve the problem..but it looks like the issue is related to how the camera sends the stream.

turbov6camaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IF you intend to use it with blue iris, there is a known issue that causes image tearing...the developer is trying to solve the problem..but it looks like the issue is related to how the camera sends the stream.
yes blue iris here.

thanks for the head up ill save my money and goe with hik or Dahua I guess !!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes blue iris here.

thanks for the head up ill save my money and goe with hik or Dahua I guess !!
See also the 5mp longse thread..though long term reliability has not been proven they seem to be holding up in the short term and have significantly superior night vision to the low end hikvision/dahuas.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have got 4 RLC-410's and 1 RLC-410WS. Currently I have no issues with them and Blue Iris. I was having a few problems with them but the past few updates did solve it.

Daytime image and video is really good. Smooth live action and playback.

Night time. And that is really when you really really need good performance. Umm... Night time umm... to put it bluntly... sucks. It comes no where near the IR distance that they claim. So unless you have got lots of light your night view is going to be very grainy and fuzzy. Also the video will start/stop/stutter/ and do a lot of freezing. Oh, and just when you think someone will get close enough to be able to ID (if you don't know them) their face will totally white wash out.

Now the response to questions from support has been fast and very curteous.

So in summary:
Daytime: great
Night time: horrible
Customer service: really good
Works with Blue Iris (those models): really good

turbov6camaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
See also the 5mp longse thread..though long term reliability has not been proven they seem to be holding up in the short term and have significantly superior night vision to the low end hikvision/dahuas.
I was looking at the 4MP with 120-Db WR domes (and may be one or 2 of the zoom able domes

I have got 4 RLC-410's and 1 RLC-410WS. Currently I have no issues with them and Blue Iris. I was having a few problems with them but the past few updates did solve it.

Daytime image and video is really good. Smooth live action and playback.

Night time. And that is really when you really really need good performance. Umm... Night time umm... to put it bluntly... sucks. It comes no where near the IR distance that they claim. So unless you have got lots of light your night view is going to be very grainy and fuzzy. Also the video will start/stop/stutter/ and do a lot of freezing. Oh, and just when you think someone will get close enough to be able to ID (if you don't know them) their face will totally white wash out.

Now the response to questions from support has been fast and very curteous.

So in summary:
Daytime: great
Night time: horrible
Customer service: really good
Works with Blue Iris (those models): really good
I was looking at the 4MP zoom cameras they have

I live out in the country so it Is very dark see motion lights to help a lot

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since the night time performance of the reolinks have left me blasee my next venture is going to be:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sell-2016-New-Arrival-Rotary-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-with-Onvif-1080P-MINI-PTZ-IP-Camera/32583148851.html

As soon at the money comes into my paypal account I will be ordering it. Hopefully tomorrow or the next day. But I have to go back to that thread that has to do with that camera and ask one more question. Need to know if there are any charges besides taxes. Like does the US charge a customs fee or anything like that. :p

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can not give an opinion on the 423 as I have never had one. That is one I was considering before I joined this forum. But with the bad night performance of the other model reo's that I have got it kind of makes me leery of even trying it. That would be way to much money to lose if it performs like crap at night to.

turbov6camaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can not give an opinion on the 423 as I have never had one. That is one I was considering before I joined this forum. But with the bad night performance of the other model reo's that I have got it kind of makes me leery of even trying it. That would be way to much money to lose if it performs like crap at night to.
they have them on amazon fore $249 I may try 2 of them, they are turret type and 4MP, but the are not 120DB WDR and no SD

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you do try them let this forum know how they do. I would be interested in the results.

turbov6camaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you do try them let this forum know how they do. I would be interested in the results.
whoops I mentmay try 1 of them, I relly want to try a longse but all the sites to buy them look shady.........

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did contact reolink support. They are still trying to solve the problems on the ones that I have outdoors.

Wifi. That is one thing I forgot to mention. Yes, it is good. I have yet to have the wifi one drop a connection or "forget" the password. On the other hand I gave up on the wirless Altop as it was dropping connection a lot, and every time it did I had to reconnect it to the wire network and do another set up. So, the Altop is just collecting dust now unused.

Andreszz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive installed 2 reolink, until now works fine , night vision is OK 15 mts , but far away from the fantastic performance of Hikivision 4MP, the reolink WIFI is performance excellent.

Reaction score
Hi! I have the reolink 4 ch NVR wireless. I love it and have had no trouble at all with the system. I can check it from any phone or computer anywhere. It works great and the night vision is good. The day time pics are 1080p and look like photos. I really want to get more cameras so I would like to get an 8 channel wireless NVR and get rid of the 4 channel. My question: Can I use a different brand NVR/DVR with the Reolink cameras and if so, which ones would be compatible? I am new to security cameras and have not been able to find the information. After reading this thread, it appears as though some of you have mixed brand cameras on one system. Can anyone be of any help to me? I have model
[h=1]RLK4-210WB4[/h]

Reaction score
I've had a ReoLink RLC-410ws installed outside my back door for one week now, and the video quality is outstanding in daylight and acceptable at night. Adding an inexpensive IR illuminator in the distance will probably help quite a bit.

pdamo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi as a newbiew I am no expert

have a Hikvision DVR DS 7208 HGHI. 8 Standard hik cameras and 1 io Ds2cd2T42Wd which is great and all works fine.

i recently bought a Reolink PTZ RLC 423 and I am beginning to think I have made a Mistake....obviously it is not recognised by the DVR and I am having real problems setting it up to work with my NVR

i have now managed to set it up customer support only by Emal so a bit of a loss really

a good solid Camera (metal ) and heavy.

fantastic night vision in a no light situation

reolink PTZ fast and smooth..Will not use presets on the Hikvision platform but still working on that.

any questions you have ask and I will try to answer them

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple of RLC-410s in my setup and they work great. I particularly like the new web interface since the last firmware update. I do find the Reolink image a bit noisier than the comparable Hikvision, but still looks great overall.