Reolink decided not to add iFrame interval because it'll cause issues for "some people".

Should Reolink add iFrame Interval to their cameras?

• Yes

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They were going to add it in yesterdays firmware, but decided not to because it'll cause issues for some people.

Please, go to their twitter and let them know WE NEED IT. Also vote in this poll so they can see how much we need it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is why you need to stay away from those garbage cameras...Every time someone asks about purchasing the camera tell them not to and post a link on reolink's twitter feed. Their statement is completely ridiculous as almost every ip camera has this option.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are living in dream land, where everything works all the time and you never need to tweak encoding parameters to achieve stability.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it causes issues for more people that its not there; soo basically they dont give a fuck..

fuck ReoLink.. buy Dahua instead... they'll work out of the box without needing to beg them to add features that it had on its first camera.

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would be nice if you all could vote. Yes, we could sit here and trash talk them, or we could show them that we need it and have it added for those who unfortunately spent thousands on Reolink cameras and can't do anything about it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be nice if you all could vote. Yes, we could sit here and trash talk them, or we could show them that we need it and have it added for those who unfortunately spent thousands on Reolink cameras and can't do anything about it.
Do you really think the reason they gave is valid? Come on. They could have simply left the default and given you the option to change it. Either they cant make the change (they have issues in their development) or chose not to spend money on it. The best way to get the Chinese to do anything is vote with your wallet. Then plaster the negative feedback everywhere and force them into submission. You will get absolutely nowhere playing nice with them. They could care less about the survey. What they will care about is negative publicity on this forum and amazon reviews. Post reviews, post in comments to other reviews (particularity the most popular reviews and newest reviews that show up first) and then link to this and other reolink threads that discuss the issue.

Yvonneee

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear Customers,
I’m from Reolink support team. We're very sorry for the problem caused, and we’d like to help you solve it.
Like we said before, we don't meet any problem when working with Blue Iris.
Do you think it is the iframe rate that caused the issue? we would really appreciate it if you provide more information, like, one or two screenshots, so that we will be able to figure out why this occurred, and troubleshoot it ASAP.

Thanks & Best Regards!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, that is the sort of thing I've found to be solved by reducing the iframe interval. With other camera brands obviously.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear Customers,
I’m from Reolink support team. We're very sorry for the problem caused, and we’d like to help you solve it.
Like we said before, we don't meet any problem when working with Blue Iris.
Do you think it is the iframe rate that caused the issue? we would really appreciate it if you provide more information, like, one or two screenshots, so that we will be able to figure out why this occurred, and troubleshoot it ASAP.

Thanks & Best Regards!
To properly test the issue you NEED to BUY a licensed version of blue iris. The reason is because the demo version does NOT support direct to disk recording. This issue occurs when using direct to disk recording. So you need to buy the license and ALSO enabled direct to disk in the record tab>file format ...then you will see what is happening.

Yvonneee

n3wb
Reaction score
To properly test the issue you NEED to BUY a licensed version of blue iris. The reason is because the demo version does NOT support direct to disk recording. This issue occurs when using direct to disk recording. So you need to buy the license and ALSO enabled direct to disk in the record tab>file format ...then you will see what is happening.
Hi,

We do have a licensed version of blue iris and we have been trying to find out the issue here. However, we are having a little bit trouble locating the problems that you talked about concerning iframe. Could you please send us a recording of the issue to support@reolink.com so we can find a solution to it? And please tell us the model of the camera that you are using and the firmware version of it, thank you.

Thanks & Best Regards.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

We do have a licensed version of blue iris and we have been trying to find out the issue here. However, we are having a little bit trouble locating the problems that you talked about concerning iframe. Could you please send us a recording of the issue to support@reolink.com so we can find a solution to it? And please tell us the model of the camera that you are using and the firmware version of it, thank you.

Thanks & Best Regards.
I dont have the problem because I would never buy a reolink camera...others do because they failed to properly research your brand..there are plenty of threads discussing this you can see the problem, the image tears.... In fact, there is a link to a thread that describes the issue in a post above by nayr...why you didnt bother reading this entire thread is beyond me. Let me help you.
Blurry Images with Reolink

You know about the problem because your website specifically lists a workaround by using "baseline" which lowers quality....you must be using direct to disc recording in blue iris to see this issue...search this forum for reolink and you will see samples.
EVERY half decent ip camera allows the user to adjust the iframe interval...the fact that reolink refuses to provide this option KNOWING the lack of this setting is causing many of its users to have issues is shameful. You must stop advertising the product as blue iris compatible because its not. I will continue to recommend that folks return your cameras until you fix this fatal flaw.

Last edited:

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very disappointing they decided not to include iframe adjustments. This isn't a difficult thing to do.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not even sure why they need to reproduce the problem, just add the damn option! Like Fenderman said, keep the default as is and allow the user to override it if they need to. That way it does not impact or cause trouble for people (although, I can't imagine what trouble they are talking about) whose system is working but gives those that are having issues a way to fix them. Until this is fixed, I will not be recommending ReoLink cameras to people, and I get asked all the time for recommendations.

GBJames

n3wb
Reaction score
it causes issues for more people that its not there; soo basically they dont give a fuck..

fuck ReoLink.. buy Dahua instead... they'll work out of the box without needing to beg them to add features that it had on its first camera.
I have several ReoLink cameras that work moderately well. I need cameras with built-in microphones and it is hard to find inexpensive cameras that have a mic in them. I'd welcome some other options. (And the legality of recording audio is not an issue.)

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I learned to do without blue iris with reolink. :( But I still wish I saw Dahua first and wish it was easier to find.

cb8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had some issues with my ReoLink 420s too with Blue Iris. Every now and then there are artifacts in the video stream, which becomes very noticeable when it triggers the motion detection. Occasionally it happens a lot, like 50-100 in a night, and then it can be weeks with no issues. So far I haven't had anything like that from my new HDW5231.

I wonder though if they have some bug in their firmware resulting in garbage RTP packets. At some point I was playing around with grabbing the raw RTSP stream of the camera and I noticed if I was having RTSP interleave the video stream over TCP I would receive incorrect size prefixes every now and then. Tested it on a HikVision camera and I experienced no such problems...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had lagging issues and skipping with BI and reolink so i quit and just use reolink app which gives no issues and records fine, I see no need for blue iris for my needs but can see how it can come in handy for others.

Did you try this, it should fix all problems. POSTED by @rnatalli :
Cameras' Interface
1. Make sure the Reolinks are using the most recent firmware.
2. Make sure the Reolinks are set to use "Baseline" in the H.264 profile setting.
3. Turn off 3D-NR.
4. Reboot the cameras.

Blue Iris
1. Set Intel hardware acceleration to "No" in the global settings.
2. Uncheck RTSP/stream timecode in each camera's video settings.
3. Raise the buffer to 20MB in each camera's video settings.

I use my cameras at a full 1440P with a bitrate of 4096 and have a delay of only a second or two when viewing the streams through the web server.

I responded to your post in the other thread, but here it is again. I've posted these instructions several times in the past; please use the search function.

Cameras' Interface:
1. Make sure the Reolinks are using the most recent firmware released a couple months ago.
2. Turn off 3D-NR.

Blue Iris:
1. Uncheck RTSP/stream timecode in each camera's video settings.
2. Raise the buffer to 20MB in each camera's video settings.

These used to be necessary, but I haven't needed to use them since the most recent firmware release, but including just in case:
1. Set Intel hardware acceleration to "No" in the global settings.
2. Make sure the Reolinks are set to use "Baseline" in the H.264 profile setting.

Also be sure to turn off the UID and UPnP functions in the cameras interface under Network-->Advanced. I always block all IP cameras at the router just for good measure as they're accessible via Blue Iris anyways.