POE CAT6 Tests OK Yet No Camera Connectivity

BlaineBug

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of a recent test with the new tool. When in POE testing mode, the ethernet cable is plugged into the NVR and my device on the camera end. When it continuity testing mode, the device and a receiver are connected to the ethernet cable without having the NVR connected at all. What do you make of these results?

20220707_133124.jpg20220707_132615.jpg20220707_132604.jpg

BlaineBug

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any thoughts on what might be going on here, and is this the correct forum to be posting a problem such as this one in?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of a recent test with the new tool. When in POE testing mode, the ethernet cable is plugged into the NVR and my device on the camera end. When it continuity testing mode, the device and a receiver are connected to the ethernet cable without having the NVR connected at all. What do you make of these results?

View attachment 132796View attachment 132797View attachment 132798
Last picture PoE "Non Standard" ? .. hmmm .. I'll check the other thread .. thanks @sebastiantombs POE CAT6 Tests OK Yet No Camera Connectivity

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And I provided a possible solution as well in your other thread...

BlaineBug

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I installed the Ubiquiti GP-V480-032G POE injector on this particular camera's CAT6 cabling and the camera has been online for about 13 hours now. Unlike with the el-cheapo POE injector that I returned from last week, the Ubiquiti POE injector is providing a full 48 volts at the end of the length of CAT6 so I felt comfortable plugging the camera in. I suppose I'll update IF there are any issues? For now, it appears to be working...fingers crossed!

BlaineBug

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
System has been running for more than 4 days now and I haven't had this camera drop out since adding the Ubiquiti POE injector. I hope this test helps some folks who might otherwise think that they have a defective run of ethernet cable. It certainly saved me from running a new line, as I don't believe that would have solved the problem regardless with intermittent issues such as this.