Reolink RLC-410 Compatible NVR

Qosmo

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a NVR system after not being happy of running Blue Iris in a virtual machine. I'm not real interested in purchasing an NVR from Reolink, and was looking for a recommendation for 8 - 16 cameras, with some decent hard drive space.

I want to have a "tour" available to be watched on my of my computer monitors in my office as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Qosmo

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm looking for a NVR system after not being happy of running Blue Iris in a virtual machine. I'm not real interested in purchasing an NVR from Reolink, and was looking for a recommendation for 8 - 16 cameras, with some decent hard drive space.

I want to have a "tour" available to be watched on my of my computer monitors in my office as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Qosmo
Why would you run BI in VM ??? BI needs a dedicated machine with a good i5 .. reolink is junk !

Qosmo

n3wb
Reaction score
Why would you run BI in VM ??? BI needs a dedicated machine with a good i5 .. reolink is junk !
I've also setup Blue Iris on my desktop with a 4790k, on an SSD and gotten the same performance. Spending a couple of weekends trying to get the settings right, I wasn't able to sustain more than 10fps in Blue Iris. I get Reolink cameras suck, but it's what I got. So I'm looking for an NVR that would give me better performance or another solution. Any recommendations @Camit would be appreciated.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've also setup Blue Iris on my desktop with a 4790k, on an SSD and gotten the same performance. Spending a couple of weekends trying to get the settings right, I wasn't able to sustain more than 10fps in Blue Iris. I get Reolink cameras suck, but it's what I got. So I'm looking for an NVR that would give me better performance or another solution. Any recommendations @Camit would be appreciated.
Most of the time you buy the same name brand nvr as your cameras. I don't use reolink, so I'm not sure if they would work with another nvr. I still think BI is the very best option what is it you hate so much about BI? Also you don't need more 10 fps maybe 15 at the most. It's your reolink cameras not BI check your settings

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Either you are running wifi or using the demo...Try milestone..It's free for up to 8 cameras... Next time avoid reolink crap..

Qosmo

n3wb
Reaction score
Either you are running wifi or using the demo...Try milestone..It's free for up to 8 cameras... Next time avoid reolink crap..
Thanks for the recommendation about Milestone. I'll try it out!

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Thanks, Qosmo
I suspect your RLC-410 cameras will work with the SWANN 7300 series NVR, although I can't guarantee that. The 7300 series uses SWANN NHD-815 cameras which are identical to ReoLink's RLC-410 (I discovered this by accident).

Word of Caution: Both the RLC-410 and NHD-815 are rebranded cameras from the same manufacturer, yet the true manufacturer is unknown. They do not work well with other NVRs such as HikVision.

I also suggest you see my post about My SWANN NHD-815 Experiment. Scroll down to where I talk about the RLC-410.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @Qosmo, your Reolink cameras are ONVIF compliant and will at least record full time on one of our NVRs. Since ONVIF always seems to be "hit or miss" with the features there's no guarantee anything other than full time recording will work.

Word of Caution: Both the RLC-410 and NHD-815 are rebranded cameras from the same manufacturer, yet the true manufacturer is unknown. They do not work well with other NVRs such as HikVision.
A quick search of the MAC address for a Reolink camera is showing the manufacturer as Shenzhen Baichuan Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
At first I thought it was a Dahua because of the housings they use but after digging deeper it looks like some sort of knock off company. A lot like Longse copies Hikvision, it appears "reolink" copies both Dahua and Hikvision on a lot of their housings, menu's, and features.

Anyways @Qosmo, like Fenderman said Milestone is free for 8 cameras and from what I've heard it's pretty nice software. If you decide to go with a NVR in the future here's one that will record your reolink cameras:

NSN-616 16 Channel Hi Def NVR Recorder - Nelly's Security