Reolink RLC-410: no signal

dermotd

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two Reolink IP cameras, the RLC-411S works fine.

The RLC-410 works OK in IE (using the downloadable widget) and using the Android app.

I cannot, however get it to run in Blue Iris. It finds the camera OK (and the error message changes if I disconnect the camera) but I get "no signal" all the time. When I look in properties for that camera, it knows the correct elapsed time since connection and reports a frame rate of 1.5fps and around 500kB/sec bit rate.

I've swapped out the PoE and cables (swapped cameras to be certain), tried increasing the receive buffer size which I'd seen mentioned in another thread.

I'm using BI 4.6.5.4 64bit on a Core i7 machine with 16GB of ram and a 1TB HD, some AXiS cameras and encoders work fine.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reolink's have issues, and should be avoided.
But, have you tried entering IP, admin user name and password, and clicked find/inspect?

dermotd

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, if username, password or port are wrong, you get a completely different error message.

The image quality is very good when connected either to the Android app or using IE. Just seems odd that one model of Reolink works fine with B.I. and others do not.

I had thought of using Hikvision cameras, but was put off by various reports about them getting bricked and hacked. I have several Axis M3305s, but they don't have IR capability.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, if username, password or port are wrong, you get a completely different error message.

The image quality is very good when connected either to the Android app or using IE. Just seems odd that one model of Reolink works fine with B.I. and others do not.

I had thought of using Hikvision cameras, but was put off by various reports about them getting bricked and hacked. I have several Axis M3305s, but they don't have IR capability.
It will show video, you simply are setting something wrong. Reolink has video quality issues with BI because of their firmware...the company outright lies to its customers and spams forums then lying about it...
Your hikvision camera will never get hacked if you dont port forward it and keep using it with blue iris...your reolink camera is no more safe, if anything less so. Axis is way overpriced. The image quality from hikvision low light cams or dahua starlights will blow the reolink away...also reolinks bullet only profile is a terrible choice, the spider webs at night will drive you nuts.
If you can return that junk do it.