REolink RLC-411 or ???

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hep guys, wading through camera waters is pretty tuff. Got a 15 year old Geovision setup and want to go to Blue Iris. Looking for IP outdoor, no sd cards, 4 to 5mp, best IR I can get, and no varifocus. Widest field of view and good frame rate. Whats the best blue Iris you get for +-100 bucks.

Thanks! Let it rain

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hep guys, wading through camera waters is pretty tuff. Got a 15 year old Geovision setup and want to go to Blue Iris. Looking for IP outdoor, no sd cards, 4 to 5mp, best IR I can get, and no varifocus. Widest field of view and good frame rate. Whats the best blue Iris you get for +-100 bucks.

Thanks! Let it rain
Avoid reolink like the plague, they are crap and have issues with blue iris...the company also lies flat out to its customers and spams forums.
2mp dahua starlight cameras will be much better in low light...start reading the forum

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I appreciate that! How about the Dahua Starlight H.265 4MP DH-IPC-HFW4431K-I6

I need wall mounts were my existing cables come out.

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I appreciate that! How about the Dahua Starlight H.265 4MP DH-IPC-HFW4431K-I6

I need wall mounts were my existing cables come out.

Thank you!
no...that is china region crap...start reading the starlight threads...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
I new a good link to a web site, source you recommend. But it seems like those in the know like Andy! I will send him a note.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks! Let it rain
Welcome Oak

Mark giomania has assembled some great notes from all of those who have shared their wisdom and experience here to help get you started, please check them out:
Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought three of these from Andy. They are incredible. Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret IPC-HDW5231R-Z. Where do I find any firmware updates for these.

thanks!

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Avoid reolink like the plague, they are crap and have issues with blue iris...the company also lies flat out to its customers and spams forums.
2mp dahua starlight cameras will be much better in low light...start reading the forum
No shit. Just read the amazon comments...the NVR's a serious fire hazard and they're marketing dept is 100% better than there product. I returned one right away once i found they lied and added a crap hdd instead of surveillance and then support said to plug the NVR in a diff way to not get the sparks! Horrible, cheap crap.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just to echo what other people have said about Reolink - I bought the RLC-411WS-5MP and the RLC-410S and when I had loads of issues goolge brought me here. They are currently working their way back to Amazon returns dept now!!

I can't stress enough how bad these cams were, terrible picture during day, even worst at night, loads of block noise in BI - Learn from my mistake and stay well clear of anything with Reolink on them.