Reolink RLC-423 question.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Who has this camera? Is anyone using it with a Synology NAS? and the surveillance system? Is there a PTZ camera that is more compatible than this one and better? I am new to surveillance cams and have been reading but nothing is better than talking to actual users. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Who has this camera? Is anyone using it with a Synology NAS? and the surveillance system? Is there a PTZ camera that is more compatible than this one and better? I am new to surveillance cams and have been reading but nothing is better than talking to actual users. Thanks.
See dahua starlight ptz threads...reolink is garbage, they have lied on this website, spammed this site and lied about that as well.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, I take it you don't like Reolink. :puke: I was hoping they would be good because I have read some good reviews for the 423 but really wanted to hear it from others. If Reolink is not the answer I don't see the dahua as being my answer either as the cost for their PTZ is way more than I want to spend unless I am looking at the wrong camera. I have a lot of searching to do I guess. Does anyone have any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I take it you don't like Reolink. :puke: I was hoping they would be good because I have read some good reviews for the 423 but really wanted to hear it from others. If Reolink is not the answer I don't see the dahua as being my answer either as the cost for their PTZ is way more than I want to spend unless I am looking at the wrong camera. I have a lot of searching to do I guess. Does anyone have any suggestions?
dahua ptz is 350...if you are not willing to spend that then dont buy a ptz...you will be renting it for 6-12 months until it fails.
Understand that for most applications a ptz is completely useless, will you install motion sensors and contacts to trigger the ptz? otherwise its a toy you will use for one week and leave it in a fixed position.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, you may be right. That's why I talk to people like you. What can you recommend for a good fixed cameras but a reasonable price. This is my first run with surveillance so I don't want to go too much either. I would rather get some good ones for a good price and then later on down the road upgrade if I felt I needed to. Do you have any recommendations? Do you recommend any with zoom? I really appreciate your input as you have steered me away from PTZ as you are probably right about it being a toy. That's what I'm getting all of this for anyway. I like to play and have my toys. ;)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, you may be right. That's why I talk to people like you. What can you recommend for a good fixed cameras but a reasonable price. This is my first run with surveillance so I don't want to go too much either. I would rather get some good ones for a good price and then later on down the road upgrade if I felt I needed to. Do you have any recommendations? Do you recommend any with zoom? I really appreciate your input as you have steered me away from PTZ as you are probably right about it being a toy. That's what I'm getting all of this for anyway. I like to play and have my toys. ;)
Look at the dahua starlight turret thread...it has motorized varifocal, but its not used on a daily basis as zoom, but you can set it at the time of install to capture the perfect field of view.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I take it you like dahua. Do you recommend a zoom? With your experience with this stuff I will listen to what you have to say. People that have experienced this are my learning tool. I like to pick people's brains.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I take it you like dahua. Do you recommend a zoom? With your experience with this stuff I will listen to what you have to say. People that have experienced this are my learning tool. I like to pick people's brains.
The dahua starlight varifocal is currently the best value...you cannot go wrong...there are new hikvision low light cams, fixed lenses as well...see the tread discussing them.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the hikvision a good camera also? I find them more readily on Amazon and other places but where can I find the dahua starlight varifocal. The thread on this showed some good stuff. I just started reading it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the hikvision a good camera also? I find them more readily on Amazon and other places but where can I find the dahua starlight varifocal. The thread on this showed some good stuff. I just started reading it.
Read the thread...its model specific...if you buy they wrong ones then no...there are issues with china region cameras...you will bet burned...if you dont research you will get burned. if you dont want to read, then look at the dahua starlight varifocal thread...its all there.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm going to read it. I do have a question about the dahua starlight varifocal. Where should I buy it? It's going to the US?

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can I purchase this at B&H in the US? If not, after reading on the forums, I may go with the Hikvision cameras that are pretty good too but can be purchased at B&H. I'm going to look at B&H and find out.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have decided that the Dahua is a great brand but harder to get my hands on than I would like. I am now going to focus on the Hikvision brand and look at what I can get with them. B&H in the US is an authorized dealer.