repair/regenerate database

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the last few weeks I have been having to repair/regenerate database due to clips not showing up in "ALL clip" list on BI version 5.6.6.0 hand the last few releases even the critical - highly stable
any suggestions for insulation

crowdx

n3wb
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing. I just finished rebuilding the database this morning and it is again showing it is corrupt. :(

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing. I just finished rebuilding the database this morning and it is again showing it is corrupt. :(
Mines does not show up as corrupt just some or all the clips do not show

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you dropped an email to support?

It won't be an instant answer, but they probably need to know about it.

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have experienced the same thing. Went as far as formatting my storage drive and am still experiencing issues.

crowdx

n3wb
Reaction score
I just emailed support, I also linked this thread, so if there are others experiencing this issue I would advise adding to this thread so that support can gauge the issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try it shutting down the Blue Iris service deleting the entire database folder including the folder itself then restart Blue Iris and let it rebuild

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind you will lose all prior thumbnail alert images. You do not lose any video, just the alert thumbnails pointing to the BVR file. So don't be surprised when the alert thumbnails for prior video is gone. You will have them moving forward.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
In my case, the clip storage is showing way over-allocation on the drives. I tried to repair the database to no avail.

Update: I see that the All Clips history is generating, now at 2% for Aux4.
Update: All the clips and alerts are back in place, and the clip storage is back to normal; after the db repair.

Last edited:

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
In my case, the problem happened after an update to BI, and repairing the DB didn't help until I updated BI again the next day to the newest critical update (5.6.6.1), deleted the DB folder, and then repaired the DB again.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure why, but the alerts and clips disappeared again and had to be restored by repairing the database. There was no update since 5.6.6.1, or any changes, so it's a mystery why the database gets lost.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
So the DB was repaired yesterday, and today there's no clips or alerts listed. I just now reverted back to version 5.6.5.9, and will try again at repair.