Replacement for Axis 241QA

dfride

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently use this device to display four of my analog cameras to friends and family who I share the IP address with. This has worked for many years and i have been very happy with it. No websites to manage and no need to embed camera images into a website. I used the onboard webpage on the 241QA. I will be soon updating all my cameras to digital IP cameras and would like to replace the 241QA with something like it, but having the capability to work with and utilize the HD cameras. Does anyone have any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently use this device to display four of my analog cameras to friends and family who I share the IP address with. This has worked for many years and i have been very happy with it. No websites to manage and no need to embed camera images into a website. I used the onboard webpage on the 241QA. I will be soon updating all my cameras to digital IP cameras and would like to replace the 241QA with something like it, but having the capability to work with and utilize the HD cameras. Does anyone have any suggestions?
what will you be using to manage/record your ip cameras?

dfride

n3wb
Reaction score
I really don't want to provide them access to all of my cameras. There may be a way to limit them access to certain cameras however I don't know how to do that. I also am asking the question not only for friends and family. The same four cameras on the 241QA are shown on another website that has a webcam network where people can view webcams in various areas of the country. Basically you click on the, in this case the snowflake in our area and my four cameras appear. The website owner just placed a link to those cameras and viewers aren't accessing my NVR directly. This is one of the main reasons why I'm not wanting to use the NVR as the solution. Now, if my NVR can grant access to the individual camera (as a link) I could consider that but again I wasn't sure If this could be done and quite frankly I'm not comfortable with anyone being able to have access to my NVR in any way. The 241QA is getting a secondary feed if you will. The end of the line is the 241QA. I don't want anyone hacking in to my NVR. Creating my own webpage isn't as appealing to me either since I have to pay/maintain it. It's very simple now...for those who want to grant access to the cameras I simply provide them a link. That's it. If someone googles webcams in my town they aren't going to get a webpage I created, if i was to do this. Now I'm very anonymous.

I hope this better explains what I'm trying to do.