Replacement for ds-2de4a425iw-de with human detection?

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have ds-2de4a425iw-de and it's my favorite cam. 60 fps with 25x zoom and auto tracking is just awesome. Unfortunately it's an older cam and lacks human/car detection and as a result lots of false tracking of birds, leaves etc... I made it workable somewhat but wondering is there a newer one with those car/human detection feature?

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have ds-2de4a425iw-de and it's my favorite cam. 60 fps with 25x zoom and auto tracking is just awesome. Unfortunately it's an older cam and lacks human/car detection and as a result lots of false tracking of birds, leaves etc... I made it workable somewhat but wondering is there a newer one with those car/human detection feature?

I have that cam, also. Don't get many humans around my cameras, but it does a marvelous job tracking deer, cats, raccoons, possums, cars coming down the lane towards the house and going away from it, moving farm equipment, UPS, FEDEX and the very occasional Jehovah witness....I have this sign posted in the farm lane about 400 feet from the house. It does a pretty good job of instantly ridding me of anyone who wants me to find Jesus.....they use the grass field to do their U-Turns......

Attachments

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have that cam, also. Don't get many humans around my cameras, but it does a marvelous job tracking deer, cats, raccoons, possums, cars coming down the lane towards the house and going away from it, moving farm equipment, UPS, FEDEX and the very occasional Jehovah witness....I have this sign posted in the farm lane about 400 feet from the house. It does a pretty good job of instantly ridding me of anyone who wants me to find Jesus.....they use the grass field to do their U-Turns......
Yeah it's a great camera. Actually I like it more then a colorvue 4k I bought a while ago. I just wish it didn't track everything or had option for human only tracking

KML

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah it's a great camera. Actually I like it more then a colorvue 4k I bought a while ago. I just wish it didn't track everything or had option for human only tracking
Zeecam, I have had a DS-2DF8436IX-AEL now for 3,5 years (after a DE-series one). It`s about 3-4 times more expensive, has human/vehicle detection and so on, but it still tracks the smallest birds and occasionally fails to track vehicles from the same range by just loosing them or zooming too close and then strays and loses one self. So most likely you won’t reach your smart tracking goal with changing the camera, at least to another Hikvision. In my opinion you should change the intelligence for a radar or then the brand to Axis for example. Or then let it track the birds, that’s what I’ve done so far. One fixed camera to see surroundings while PTZ is wandering comes cheaper.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Zeecam, I have had a DS-2DF8436IX-AEL now for 3,5 years (after a DE-series one). It`s about 3-4 times more expensive, has human/vehicle detection and so on, but it still tracks the smallest birds and occasionally fails to track vehicles from the same range by just loosing them or zooming too close and then strays and loses one self. So most likely you won’t reach your smart tracking goal with changing the camera, at least to another Hikvision. In my opinion you should change the intelligence for a radar or then the brand to Axis for example. Or then let it track the birds, that’s what I’ve done so far. One fixed camera to see surroundings while PTZ is wandering comes cheaper.
I have it next to my wide angle colorvue cam so they work together. It's not bad but colorvue detection is better.

mhidnhite

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 of the 2mp versions recessed into the eaves on front of the house. I've found that turning the auto tracking feature off and instead triggering the autotracking with a smart event like line crossing or intrusion detection cuts down on alot of daydreaming. these cameras like to do.

KML

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 of the 2mp versions recessed into the eaves on front of the house. I've found that turning the auto tracking feature off and instead triggering the autotracking with a smart event like line crossing or intrusion detection cuts down on alot of daydreaming. these cameras like to do.
Metoo with my PTZ. I am not sure how much it has helped. Anyway most annoying is you can see the amount of R&D effort when vehicles and/or humans are actually sparrows near and far.
You know they look and move like vehicles or humans. Those landing/takeoff crows then must be flying lorries.
Image quality is good (must be from different department).

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have done that too but again I wish they would have updated cams with human tracking only. I have much cheaper camera I bought from AliExpress to try out and it works perfectly good to track only humans wish Hikvision would release new version.