Replacement lens Hikvision DS-2CD63C2F-IVS

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score
Im looking for a replacement lens Hikvision DS-2CD63C2F-IVS, the lens had a scratch on it but tried buffing it but made it worse.
Ive found one but lead time and extra charges amount up a lot and not sure what quality is like from that seller.
US $49.16 5% OFF|Aliexpress.com : Buy 12MP MegaPixels 2.0 mm 1/1.7" M12*0.5 S Mount 180 degrees CCTV Fisheye Lens For Security IP Cameras (SL RY20F24IR) from Reliable lens game suppliers on SMTSEC Official Store

Can any else suggest alternative place possible in the UK

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can any else suggest alternative place possible in the UK
I've no idea if the lens in that camera is just a normal fisheye M12 lens - but if so, there are large numbers available at low prices not just on Aliexpress but eBay with UK stock.
Worth a punt would be a search for 'fisheye lens M12'

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a fish eye camera, its difficult as so some many options choose from to match original lens specs printed on the side
Sure, that's always the case with parts for IP cameras.
But if the original lens has the specs on it - that narrows the choice well enough.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Stupid statement maybe? But isn’t there a Perspex cover over the lens and is that what is scratched?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I assumed it was like the cube cameras that had the actual lens exposed as opposed to the usual lens cover - but I think from what you've described that iamateaf is right and it's a cover.

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score
I assumed it was like the cube cameras that had the actual lens exposed as opposed to the usual lens cover - but I think from what you've described that iamateaf is right and it's a cover.
ive tried removing top lens but nod budging, as it now cracked inside lens too. either way as only seem sell complete sealed lens

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Too late now but did you try buffing like the YouTube vids for getting rid of the foggy ness on car headlights?

There’s something called PolyWatch which is used to get rid of small scratches on watch perspex, might be worth bearing in mind for the future. PolyWatch does make a watch perspex shine.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've used PolyWatch on Hikvision mini-domes, after taking out scratches with 2500 wet and dry, but didn't have much success on the night vision quality.
I ended up replacing the domes with new ones.

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score
I've used PolyWatch on Hikvision mini-domes, after taking out scratches with 2500 wet and dry, but didn't have much success on the night vision quality.
I ended up replacing the domes with new ones.
Too late now but did you try buffing like the YouTube vids for getting rid of the foggy ness on car headlights?

There’s something called PolyWatch which is used to get rid of small scratches on watch perspex, might be worth bearing in mind for the future. PolyWatch does make a watch perspex shine.
The scratch were very deep as could feel with my nail, i used some G3 compound and mini buffer, but lens started thinning and clouding , picture just foggy and scratch still showing

Big_lad

n3wb
Reaction score
ive managed to get replacement lens £45 delivered , after realising the camera is not waterproof one, as i misread model number . would possible to get glass dome for lens cover ? or sell it and get waterproof/vandal version V/S ? my stupidity as didn't verify model before buying it