Reset of HIK Vision DS-2CD2332 camera?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2332 turret camera is completely sealed without any reset button in view.
I am aware about the TFTP tool to upload a firmware to a bricked camera.
However, in case the IP is unknown, how can we reset the camera to default settings instead of uploading a firmware with the TFTP tool?

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To determine the IP ... Can you use the Hikvision SADP tool locally? to get the entire IP camera list and their IPs, and then cross reference them in the DVR/NVR? Or try to access them locally one at a time with a browser?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To determine the IP ... Can you use the Hikvision SADP tool locally? to get the entire IP camera list and their IPs, and then cross reference them in the DVR/NVR? Or try to access them locally one at a time with a browser?
I do not have locl access right now. I am managing the system remotely. Anyway, your suggestion is the obvious by the book solution that requires knowledge and skills. I was wondering if there was a simpler way of resetting this particular camera. Thanks for the reply.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some of the pros may chime in with a solution. I'm just an amateur with a suggestion or idea or two :) Remotely, you'd have to get into the DVR or NVR with administrative rights to see the camera IPs, I'd guess, depending on the software or hardware used. Or have the cameras individually accessible with a dedicated port through the broadband router. Mine are in a certain order with manual IP addresses and each has its own dedicated port. Party for convenience during setup. Partly because I haven't solved a connection issue yet between the mobile app and the nvr. Having them on an exposed internet port of course poses security risks.