Resetting cameras without a reset button

Bob Smith

n3wb
Reaction score
I have these cameras: LV-PB3140WC and LV-PB912F4C. They are bullet cameras and they don't have a physical reset button on them.

I reset my NVR back to factory and apparently the password I chose this time in the setup doesn't match what the cameras have and I can't figure out what they are set to.

How can I reset them? They are POE, so I don't have a power supply to plug into them to be able to connect them up to a non-POE switch, should I need to.

The company, LaView, has been unhelpful... can someone please help?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
password I chose this time in the setup doesn't match what the cameras have
Depending on the firmware version, and how the cameras were added to the NVR (eg Plug&Play or Manual), and depending on the brand and model of the NVR - and if you remember what the previous NVR password was -
The NVR may have used the NVR password to activate and configure the cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have these cameras: LV-PB3140WC and LV-PB912F4C. They are bullet cameras and they don't have a physical reset button on them.
So you have carefully inspected the rear of the cams and there's no pinhole for a paper clip, there's no pushbutton on the power/Ethernet pigtail and there's no small door on the bottom fastened with screws?

I ask because Laview's own support site states that both those models have a place on rear of cam to reset; a YouTube video shows a small door on bottom secured with 2 screws.

Bob Smith

n3wb
Reaction score
I ask because Laview's own support site states that both those models have a place on rear of cam to reset; a YouTube video shows a small door on bottom secured with 2 screws.
Yeah, I saw that info myself and so I wrote into LaView support. The person that mailed me back said that I had to do some things with SADP and send them some information from the cameras. But, you can't access the cameras with SADP if they're connected to the NVR. In my case since they're POE, I have to connect them to the NVR to even power them on.

I was hoping that there would be something I could do myself without LaView's help. For example, resetting the NVR password that I forgot was as easy as going into the NVR and choosing "reset to default".

I guess I may have to get an external power supply so I can connect them to a switch if I have to.

Bob Smith

n3wb
Reaction score
Depending on the firmware version, and how the cameras were added to the NVR (eg Plug&Play or Manual), and depending on the brand and model of the NVR - and if you remember what the previous NVR password was -
The NVR may have used the NVR password to activate and configure the cameras.
The NVR did use whatever password it had when I set it up to configure the cameras. Unfortunately I forgot that that password is. In the web console when I go into the camera settings, I can see that the camera says "user password error" if I leave it as plug and play. If I change it to manual and enter in a password that I thought it may have been, the status always just goes to "network abnormal". It does that for any password I've tried.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But, you can't access the cameras with SADP if they're connected to the NVR. In my case since they're POE, I have to connect them to the NVR to even power them on.
SADP doesn't care about what IP address segment it's on relative to the cameras - so you could simply plug the PC into an unused NVR POE port.

Also - with the slightly older firmware, if you plug the PC into an unused NVR POE port, and change the PC IP address to be in the same range as the NVR POE interface, you may be able to use the reset tool, either the original or the updated one, from here :
Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Reaction score
Hi, I've been having problems with my ip camera I want to reset it, but there's no physical reset button. I've been asking help on resetting my camera, I've been sending xml files but it wont work.... I think Hikvision sucks!!! Even the support people can't solve my problem.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What does SADP show for the firmware version? Anything older than 5.4.5 and the password can be extracted or reset via the backdoor vulnerability.

edbze

n3wb
Reaction score
anyone got this solved? i need help with his? im never gonna go down the road with Hik or Laview again shitty technical support

edbze

n3wb
Reaction score
anyone got this solved? i need help with his? im never gonna go down the road with Hik or Laview again shitty technical support
i have 8 cams so ill need to do all XML files or ca we just do one? S/N or mac are diffrent and im lazy to do all files