Resolved: BI port mapping is not saved in UPnP configuration if router is restarted

vietace

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have BI 4.5.03 run with stunnel and No-ip DDNS (free) smoothly. However, If I restart my Huawei Hg8045A router or my ISP changes my public IP address, BI port mapping is removed from the UPnP configuration of the router and I could not access BI server outside my local network. I have to manually add BI port to router's UPnP configuration and BI works normally again. My ISP told me I need to have a static IP to avoid this issue.

I install both No-ip DUC client on BI server PC and input my No-ip account info in DDNS configuration of the router (Please see the attached screen captures). Did I make any mistake with No-ip therefore my router erases my BI port mapping in UPnP configuration whenever the router is restarted or my ISP changes my public IP address?

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disable uPNP, its fucking terrible.. if you insist then just define manual forwards, but I refuse to help you with that task as you need to read my VPN Primer for Noobs

vietace

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I will read your VPN instructions. I define manual stunnel port forward in the router (please see the attached image) but BI asks me to enable UPnP in my router in order to detect the stunnel port forward.

Attachments

vietace

n3wb
Reaction score
Disable uPNP, its fucking terrible.. if you insist then just define manual forwards, but I refuse to help you with that task as you need to read my VPN Primer for Noobs
Many thanks Nayr. I have read your writings. I have successfully set up BI and OpenVPN. I can connect to BI server now from my Android phone through OpenVPN. I flash my router with Tomato VPN. No more UpnP and Port Forwarding.